Chapter 9

I watch Tara run down the street. It was the opposite way of my 'work'. I was going to go after her and try to talk to her but I was already late for work.

I took off my heels and ran like the wind. When I showed up, the boss wasn't looking my way. I went in and put on my heels. I heard a shout. Busted.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I hear my boss yell. He grabs my arm tightly and squeezes hard. I knew it'd be a bruise later. He pushed me against the wall.

"This man has been waiting here for ten minutes!" he whispers in my ear harshly. He grabs my shoulder and pushes me toward the man.

He was way older than me, about thirty or forty years old. A sneer appears on his face. He takes my arm and pulls me out the door, towards his car.

I knew this was my job, but I can't let this happen anymore. I struggle a little, but he was too strong.

His grip tightened and I whimpered a little. Tears stung my eyes as he opened the back car door and pushed me in.

****

I stared at his car as he drove away. Makeup was smeared on my face. I walked to the building and leaned against it, sliding down the wall and hugging my knees to my chest.

I burried my head in my knees and my body racked with sobs. That went on for a few minutes until I felt a hand on my shoulder and a familiar voice.

I looked up and saw Johnny. He grabbed my hands and stood me up. He wiped away my tears with his thumb.