Chapter 15

I watch Tara walk down the hall to Soda's room. I'm alone with Johnny. I thought I wanted this, but now I don't know what to say. I never told the whole story.

When he found me tonight, at my job... I don't really remember what happened but I think I tried to kiss him.

I remember him comforting me, then I remember doing something and then boom, I'm saving Tara's life.

He was sitting on the floor in the living room, where everyone was asleep. I sat down beside him, an apology already thought through. I turned to look at him.

Before I could say anything, he kissed me lightly and gently on my lips and grabbed my hand. I felt tears in my eyes and I scoot closer to him. He puts both arms around me in a warm embrace.

He pulls me onto his lap pretty easily and hugged me to him. I cried into his chest, trying to be careful not to wake anyone.

"Don't go back there Quinn... please don't ever go back there..." he tells me. I shake my head and look up at him.

"I need the money Johnny.... they pay me real good, and being a man's first choice gets me extra. I'm the best they got." I say to him what my boss told me, one day he was drunk. It was probably a lie but it made me feel good.... in a way.

"It's bad for your health to do that everyday. I can't let that happen to you..." he says. That was the first time I knew that someone loved me and cared for me.

Or, at least he cares for me. I heard someone stir and I looked up at Ponyboy. I pulled away from Johnny as Pony sat up. He rubbed his eyes.

"Where's Tara?" he asks. My eyes go wide and he walks down the hall.