Chapter 31

I opened my eyes, then narrowed them. The light was really bright in here. My back ached and I had a breathing tube in my nose. It was annoying. I took it out and dropped it on the space in the bed next to me. My face hurt too. I heard footsteps and someone say my name quietly. I looked toward the door, and saw Dally leaning against the doorframe. I looked away. I hear his footsteps walk across the room.

"What do you want, Dal?" I say, my voice dripping with venom. He audibly sighs.

"I should've come with you in there Quinn. I was supposed to protect you, and I didn't." he says. I don't care what he says.

"Yeah, we'll there's a lot of things you should've done Dallas." I say, my face still turned away. I feel him grab my hand and put it against his face. He sat down.

"Quinn I never should've let you go. I am so sorry, what can I do to make you not hate me anymore?" he asks. I pull my hand back and finally turn to him. He is about to speak again, when Johnny walks in. I smile when I see him despite the pain in my face. He smiles back. Dally looks over his shoulder at Johnny. He steps aside to let him through. I sit up and wince, but John doesn't see. He bends down, and I kiss him. On the lips. In front of Dally. After I did it, guilt welled up inside me. Of course I didn't show it, but it did. Johnny smiles, oblivious to what just happened.

"What happened? Are you okay?" he asks, touching what was now presumably a scar on my face. I nod, and hold his hand to my face. I glance over to where Dally was, but he left.

"Where's Tara?" I ask.

"She's out, getting something in the gift shop thing." he said. I nod, wondering what the hell she's doing there.