Chapter Seventeen: Big Surprise

Yasmin woke up around 9:45 her appointment was at 11:20 so that was enough time to shower and head out. She slid out of bed and was completely nauseous.

She walked into the shower and let the water hit her body hoping it would calm her body down. She turned the water off and stepped out the shower to see Christian leaning against the doorframe with a full fledge hard on.

Yasmin grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body.

"Not now, I don't feel good and I just want to go to the doctors. Later, I promise."

She said as she stood in the mirror fixing her hair. She spotted her ring and froze. Her fingers grazed over it and she closed her eyes. All the lies and memories filled her head. She sighed, wiping the tear that fell.

"Not right now, Yaz. Stay strong."

She said as she walked into her room. She slid on one of his button ups and slid on some shorts. Off to the doctor she went.

---

"So, what seems to be the problem, Mrs. Reins?"

"It's actually DeMonte now."

Yaz said softly.

"My apologies, now how are you feeling?"

The doctor asked as he closed the door behind him.

"I've been extremely sick lately, um moody, tired, aching."

Yaz listed.

"I see, are you aware if you're pregnant?"

The doctor asked.

"To be honest doc, I took a test about maybe a month and a half ago and it was negative."

Yaz said biting her lower lip.

"Was it only one test?"

He asked.

"Yes."

"From where?"

"Pharmacy."

The doc nodded.

"Well we could do an emergency ultrasound if you want."

He said as he looked up at her from his clipboard. Yaz nodded and suddenly was more nervous than a president on Election Day. Was she? Could she be? Who knew? 'Cause frankly she didn't. The doctor smiled at her and held his hand out for her to stand.

"Just follow me and we'll settle all of this fuss."

He said gently as he walked out the room to be followed by her.

"Step inside, lay back, and shirt up please."

The doctor said as he closed the door and shut one of the lights off. Yaz did as told. Her hands shook violently as she unbuttoned her shirt. What if she was? How would he react? Yaz laid on table relaxed. He placed the cold petroleum jelly on her belly making her squirm.

He placed the instrument on her belly and she closed her eyes, squeezing them shut.

Dun-dum-dun-dum-dun-dum

Yasmin's eyes shot open.

"Oh my god."

She gasped.

"Congratulations!"

The doctor said.

"You're pregnant with twins."

He added. Yaz nearly fainted.

"Care to know the sex of the babies?"

He asked.