Chapter Seven: Late Night Out

Myles had returned home around 2:30 in the morning, moving around very stealthily. He quietly unlocked the door to the bedroom and walked in to see his lovely girlfriend sleeping peacefully. He gently sat on the bed careful not to wake her and lightly stroked her hair. Yasmin groaned and slowly opened her eyes.

"Long night?"

She asked sitting up. Myles slowly nodded, his eyes looking heavy and full of exhaustion. Yasmin nodded and pulled the blanket close up to her chest and sighed. Myles leaned in for a kiss but Yasmin moved away, looking at him sincerely.

"What's wrong?"

Myles asked as he pulled back to look into her rich eyes.

"How much work did you have to do?"

Yasmin asked, fixing her hair and pushing a loose strand back behind her ear.

"Not a lot but then James called and we headed out to a meeting, after the meeting we headed to the bar and had a few drinks."

Myles said calmly. Yasmin nodded and chuckled, running the tip of her tongue over her teeth.

"What?"

Myles asked as he stood up and undressed, loosening his tie.

"The bar?"

She asked again.

"Yes, why?"

Myles asked puzzled as he began unbuttoning his shirt. Yasmin shook her head and laid back down.

"You don't even smell like alcohol."

She said closing her eyes and resting her head against the backboard of the bed. She was drained and quite frankly didn't want to know where he was at the moment.

"I didn't drink."

Myles said softly as get got into bed, crawling next to Yaz, and laying down.

"You just said- What? Whatever."

Yasmin said before laying back down, turning her back towards him, shrugging off the hand that began to rub her arm.

---

Before she knew it, her alarm went off. Yasmin woke up and looked at the clock. It was 10:35 and Myles was gone. Yasmin sat up and shook her head. She was still so tired and her shoulder was killing her. She sat up and rotated her shoulder before getting out of bed.

She walked in the kitchen and opened her fridge. She grabbed a tub of butter pecan ice cream and plopped on the couch, turning on the television. Thursdays were always her days off and she couldn't complain.

While she sat there, thoughts of where Myles was last night, kept running through her mind. She didn't want to be nosey but it bothered her so much. She picked up her phone and dialed Nina, who unfortunately was at the office.

"Yellow!"

Nina answered giggling softly.

"Red!"

Yasmin replied laughing a bit. Nina laughed a little harder.

"What's up babe?"

Yasmin sighed and cleared her throat.

"What time did James come home last night?"

"Around tenish, I know it was after his meeting, why?"

Nina asked with sincere curiosity in her voice. Yasmin exhaled and nodded to herself.

"Nothing. I'll call you later."