|Marital|

She always did love a good wedding.

Evie was up to something, everyone knew that morning that she was doing something. She had awoken even earlier than Izzy who was up before the crack of dawn. She had escaped said girls claws in the hallway and then the walls of the institute as she headed to visit her favourite sparkly person ever. She had found it easy to get to Magnus' lair though she wasn't certain as to how considering her frequent misdirection she ended up in whenever she tried to get to the institute. She had waltzed into the apartment to see the warlock drinking. Obviously, unlike what he had tried to say when she last talked to him about the upcoming wedding, it was really cutting him up inside. She walked to sit in front of the warlock who seemed to yet be drunk enough where he would need help functioning. Perhaps all these years living had meant he got the best liver function you could ever see and he struggled to actually get drunk. That would be a question for another time maybe. 

"You're really torn up over Alec huh?" Evie questioned

"For a shadowhunter he isn't too bad" Magnus responded with a cheeky smile.

"Well there is still time for you to come and get said shadowhunter." Evie stated

"How though, he's already told me he won't call it off before the wedding as his parents are counting on him. I wasn't even invited anyways so I won't get in." Magnus stated with a sigh

"That is why I'm here dear sparkly. You might not be able to stop it beforehand but you can stop it whilst it's happening. Getting you in is easy. I need a date anyways. Izzy's up at the front so I mean I can still see her fine body but it ain't gonna be sat next to me. Come sit with me. Then I'll help you get your guy. Please no matter how much research we've done, there is no way that that man can pretend to be straight not even for a moment." Evie smiled before turning and leaving the loft shouting a "I'll see you at 2" as she left.

About an hour later she arrived back at the institute once again getting lost on her way, she knew that there was no chance she would ever be able to learn her way to and from the place, not that she intended to actually stay long enough to do so. She hadn't even thought to tell Izzy about her desire to leave this life behind. But now she was thinking about it she now had a reason to stay, perhaps she may stay after all. When she entered the institute, she was met by a panicking Izzy, she watched as everyone else around the dark haired shadow hunter seemed to relax when she dragged Izzy away from where they were organising the layout and towards her bedroom. Once inside the girls room, she was shocked for Izzy to imitate the hug, it having always been the other way round until now. However, she was happy to see such a role reversal with the other girl becoming more confident in whatever relationship status they held now. They sat there in the comfort of each other for a short period of time longer, neither moving and neither having the want to do so. That was until Izzy saw that the time was 10:30am and began to rush the other girl to get ready so she could ensure that they would both be ready in enough time that she could show the other guests the amazing girl she had on her arm. Evie complied not wanting to get on Izzy's bad side considering the amount of stress the girl was currently under. She did not want to add to that fire. 

She showered and got changed into a dark green dress. It was short going to just above the middle of her thigh. The top of the dress was fashioned in a halter-neck style and there was a deep plunging cut between the front chest panelling. Evie was not going to lie she did look good in this dress. She paired it with a pair of silver high heeled shoes. All in all this outfit made her hair look more ginger than it had done in a long time. She walked out of the bathroom to see Izzy was still waiting on her having gotten changed whilst she waited. Izzy looked phenomenal. Evie couldn't take her eyes off her. This had to be the best outfit she had ever seen the other girl in and she was not complaining.

"My god Izzy look at you. Damn woman there's no way I'm going to be able to pay attention to the actual wedding. My eyes will be on you all day!" Evie exclaimed running her hands down Izzy's sides and eventually taking Izzy's hands in her own.

"I look good? Look at you!" "We're going to take everyone's breathes away." The pair spoke before helping the other fix their makeup and final touches on their outfits before leaving the room. 

Evie helped Izzy to play the good hostess helping many important members of the clave into the building and into their seats as they awaited for the groom and bride to start the ceremony. She must have introduced herself to many people she did not care to know the names of, knowing how unlikely it would be for her to ever recall them anyways. Slowly the ceremony started but there was no sign of Magnus, Evie sighed to herself she knew that both of the men would be so much happier if this was not happening. By the looks of it God was nowhere near their side when it came to setting everything into motion. It was getting to the last moments when Magnus could barge in and stop the wedding but there seemed to be no sign of everyone's favourite warlock.Evie should not have doubted the man who loved to make a scene as much as she did. As just before it was too late Magnus burst through the door. She watched as Alec stopped the wedding for him and boom a snogging fest was initiated.

Evie was totally cool with the wedding ending up this way

Original word count: 997

2nd Edit June 2020 word count: 1056