|Recollection|

At what cost would she have to pay to gain something back

Evie knew if she could, she would trade everything to go back to the way things had been. Before the accident, before her 18th birthday, before this whole reveal of who her father was. Right now she could be in the academy training to be a police officer. But instead of patrolling the streets for villainous human beings she was fighting crime on a supernatural level. It kind of reminded her of the TV show Supernatural, two siblings fighting off the supernatural with their bundle of parents. She could also totally see Alec as Castiel the only question was who out of Clary and herself was Dean and who was Sam. These thoughts had been interrupted bu Clary barging into her room. Once again interrupting the cool parts of her thoughts. 

"Evie, does the name Magnus, or Magnus Bane mean anything to you?" Seemed like Clary was once again getting down to business straight away. Always being so serious and not enough chill with her sister. They were supernatural fighters for crying out loud, they should be able to spend a little bit of time enjoying themselves a bit more than they currently were. 

"Why, hello to you too Clary. And no I don't remember that name I'm sure I would have remembered someone who went by a name as cool as that, why did I get stuck with Evangeline?" Evie responded. There was a chance she had actually heard that name before, but she was rather transfixed by how unusual the name was. Whilst still thinking about the name Evie found herself being dragged somewhere else in the building. If she was actually paying attention she would have worked out she was heading before they reached their final destination. However, doing much of anything on an empty stomach was hard. Especially when she focused on this fact and her hunger grew. How much Evie would kill right now for a pizza.

This was how Evie found herself sitting downstairs in the computer room awaiting the others. Clary had disappeared moments earlier to go and argue with Simon once again. Personally, Evie felt as though it was his choice whether to stay in this place or not. He'd apparently been checked out by the doctors or whatever they had here, and technically he was free to leave if he wanted to. It was only right to remove him from this lifestyle as soon as they possibly could, he still had a family outside of this world. A family who would notice if he went missing. People he could and should go home too. He should be with Maureen and have a happy life. 

Izzy had entered the room once again wearing an outfit which took Evie's breath away. She was certain that if she was not in a more public place she would have shared those thoughts aloud. It was not long until the others joined them and Evie had to stop spinning on the chair she was currently perched upon. As they had gathered completely as a group the little friendship group she had formed turned serious once again slipping into their mission mode. It was always this way with these people, all work no play. 

"Magnus Bane, he is over 300 years old and as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive." Hotch's powerpoint showed many pictures of an eccentric man. He had an array of sparkly outfits and glitter covered almost everywhere. This was the kind of person she almost definitely wanted to be around. 

Evie also looked towards Alec, for this so called Magnus guy was someone she could see him with. He had just the right amount of a feminine touch that would contrast against Alec's musto man and would create a great companionship. Also it is not just opposites that attract but those who can access those hidden parts of you and make you a better version of yourself. That was exactly what Evie had with Gret and it was something she could only dream of having again. Though she was sure more or less that it was something she would never get back. 

"A downworlder's rave." Izzy shared

"We're going to a rave, oh yes I am so down for a party right now. Let's get wasted you have such a lack of these things we must take this opportunity." Evie cheered already getting up from her chair and heading in the direction to get ready. She didn't care for the specifics of the plan knowing they wouldn't be followed anyways. Rather this was precious time she could be using to get ready and enjoy herself. That was why when she was dragged by Izzy to the other girls room there were no objections. Evie rather enjoyed watching Izzy in her element. She was sure if the girl had no intentions of following whatever destiny came along with being a Shadowhunter she would have made an amazing stylist. She knew everything that would possibly be necessary about clothing and how to match things together seamlessly. Honestly, Evie thought it was hot. She knew she could spend all day watching Izzy do her thing. 

"My god girl do you know how to choose and outfit." Evie praised as she watched Izzy pick out clothing for herself and knew she was next. Evie knew she needed to show off but if she was being honest she didn't have the foggiest what was actually to be worn to a rave where everyone was not a human. The outfit of choice was a black body con dress with mesh panelling around the waist. Evie then watched as Izzy struggled to once again dress her sister. Complaining about how she also had to go and help Alec get ready at the same time. 

"Hang on why don't you tackle Clary and I'll go help old dark and broody. I can totally help a dude get dressed." Evie didn't really give either of them a chance to respond as she was out fo the door by the time she had finished her proposal. Before having to try and remember which of the vast number of doors belonged to Alec's room. This was how she found herself skipping down the hall excited for what could be the best conversation of the night. She approached the door which she was convinced was Alec's before barging in. Because knocking wasn't something she wanted to do plus she wouldn't be worried about seeing a guy naked it wouldn't affect her anyways. Though it would be embarrassing if this wasn't the right room. That was why she let out a small breath of relief to find this was in fact the room she thought it was.

"Well, hello my dude. Are you ready to get your gay on?" Evie proclaimed almost instantly and smirked when Alec blushed slightly. She charged towards his closet, throwing it open with very little grace before flicking through it for something for him to wear.

"Black, black, what're your thoughts on Magnus, black and more black"

"Yeah there's a lot of black in their Eve, he's kinda cute but I can't tell if he wears too much glitter, and I think there's something blue in there towards the far side" Alec had responded before the two looked at eachother in understanding.

Original Word count: 1144

2nd Update June 2020 Word count: 1245