|Returning|

The return always was harder than arriving in the first place

Eventually, the group were ready to return to the institute, with Clary and Jace going ahead of the other three in their own little world. Everyone was arguing over what they intended to do with the mortal cup once Clary had removed it from its card enclosure. Personally, Evie thought it should remain in the card and be hidden away with those who knew of its final location having their memory wiped. This would allow it to be never found again and for no harm to occur to others. There could be another possible idea, if the mortal cup was encased in a card, would burning the card destroy its contents? If so nobody would be able to get their hands on the mortal cup could it would be none existent. Just a silly little fairytale. No matter what they did Evie knew that Clary should not remove it from the card, if she and their mother's were the only ones who could remove the mortal cup it should remain that way so nobody else could accidentally get their hands on it. 

The quintet then began to move rapidly towards the institute in order to avoid the police offers whom they had stolen evidence from. The alleyway they had chosen to travel down was once again dimly lit as this was the preferred method of transport for those who fought in the shadows. The group continued to argue the entire way down this alleyway, something of which Evie thought was just pointless. The arguing was slowing them down on their travels and bringing attention to their location. It would be so easy for anyone to see or overhear them. Though the arguing between the supposed friends was the least of their concern. The necklace Izzy so proudly wore on her chest began to emit a pinkish glow. Evie prepped herself immediately as this was the sign of trouble. She had quickly picked up on the accuracy of how close the detected demons were to the wearer. However, she hadn't picked up on the exact demon until it was too late.

No, she was not dead. Not yet at least. The demon, well it couldn't be the same for them. Jace had quickly identified and killed the demon who was disguised as an elderly lady. It was weird to Evie, how they decided to show themselves as the least threatening members of society preferring to disguise as the elderly or the very young. Yet they were the ones responsible for the most indisputable crimes and had no problem making the innocent look guilty. But Evie supposed this was the logic of demons. Maybe it was the angel part of her which new different and knew to protect all members of society rather than exploit them. To what she supposed was her own rather bad luck, the elderly woman demon was not alone. A bunch of more evil demons were approaching the group and there seemed to be no viable option to get everyone away safely. For it would seem a paper card was worth way more than all one of the five's young life.  She guessed that was why Alec offered to stay behind. Maybe it was because he was the leader and that just so happened to be one of the selfless acts a leader had to perform. Or maybe, just maybe, he had grown to care for all the people present. Evie wished it was the last one but she was unsure. Jace and Alec then began to argue regarding this situation. It was once again petty with the two 'brothers' seeming to take every opportunity to bump heads possible. Slowly this constant bickering was just getting on Evie's nerves. In this situation, it was utterly pointless considering every moment they argued the less time the group had to get away from the oncoming storm. They needed to be well on their way to get this stupid cup back to the stupid institute and away from all these stupid power hungry people before they got their stupid hands on it. 

"Hey what about, I stay?" Evie questioned interrupting the two boys arguing.

"You can't defend yourself though" Came Jace's short reply. Evie was not going to lie, that stung like she had been attacked by a whole horde of wasps one after another. He never told her twin that, yet she had to just push that aside and focus on just getting the others to just move.