|Companionate|

Finding a new companion in the middle aged mother of the girl you had a crush on, just so happened to not be the weirdest thing thus far

Evie had not taken her phone with her when she left the institute, and was rather lucky to find that for whatever reason there was a small amount of money shoved down her bra. This money meant she could spend a small amount of time away from the others clearing her head in the only way she knew possible, though food. Otherwise, if she was to return the probability of her ripping her twins head from her shoulders was immensely high. She wasn't sure what she was feeling the most at present, whether she was angry at her sister of more hurt by the words she had spoken. She had never known her sister to say so many harsh things about her, ever. It seemed as though all the words she had spoken to her were those which ran through her head when everything else was silent. Evie continued to walk with no clue in what direction she was heading or where to. Honestly, she had gotten lost less than 10 minutes after storming away from her problems. All she seemed to be able to do in that moment was flee the scene, no matter how desperately she wanted to avoid being one of those girls who ran in tears away from their problems. Her fight or flight responses had kicked in and she had unfortunately chosen the latter of the two options. It was not her proudest moment, turning on her feet and fleeing the scene as tears streamed down her face. 

The night seemed to get darker the darker her own thoughts for. Evie must have been walking for about an hour as her legs were slowly beginning to ache, however without a watch to tell the time she could only assume to what it was as if the darkness that surrounded her could scream out the time. Instead she gave up trying to work out what time it was and focused her whole energy in looking for her happy source, food. Most places appeared to be closed by now though Evie kept up the hopes that just maybe there would be one place. As this hope began to dwindle, she turned the corner to come face to face with a 24 hour pizza restaurant. Albeit not her first choice, pizza did sound incredibly good right now, and therefore she ducked in hoping that they would not kick her out for turning up so late. She walked up to the counter to get a better look at the menu they had on offer. Suddenly a face appeared on the other side of the counter. 

Oh my, an actual human here this time in the morning!" They had exclaimed. Their sudden appearance had made Evie jump as her attention as purely focused upon the menu laminated in front of her. She took her time making small talk with the server whilst picking which pizza to have. She deicide don a Hawaiian pizza, despite knowing the controversy the internet had created around it, she wanted to Basque in the familiarity of the pizza her mother would always order. She paid the cashier and went to sit down and wait the 15 minutes it would take for the pizza to cook. It was then again that her mind went back to the argument she had with her sister.  Evie hadn't intended for the argument to get so heated and out of control at first. But the pent up anger towards her sister which had been building for the last few days had toppled over. With her taking out all this anger in not the most appropriate situation but it had finally come to light. Evie felt as though the loss of control had been accounted to the fact that she watched as her sister rolled her eyes at what she was saying before lashing out making her anger amount to a level she could no longer control. Evie could agree that the argument could have occurred in a better place, when others weren't around and definitely not in front of the people she had just began to trust. That only made the shame and hurt she felt worse when nobody made the move to call her back or come after her, effectively siding with her sister. Essentially they had all just proven to her who their favourite sister was and to no surprised it was not her. Evie being so involved in the dark abyss of her own thoughts did not notice the cashier approaching her with the pizza she had ordered, nor when they took a seat opposite her. 

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice you there." Evie stated trying to be polite.

"It's okay, it looks like you need someone to talk to anyways" the cashier stated not making a move to vacate the chair. Evie could definitely do without them being sat across from her in the current moment. All she wanted to do was eat her pizza, contemplate her own existence and work out how far down the drop was from Brooklyn bridge.