|Capsized|

And like a boat she capsized

Evie Fray tried to not conform to the normal stereotypical view the world had of her peers. For she attempted to use every passing moment of her 18 years to focus on what she loved, rather than what the world thought of her, and this; this was helping people. Yet this was an entirely new concept to her one of which she had only just adopted but one she planned to live out with her heart. 

Her elder twin Clary did the same, in some retrospect, she had loved art and she was always drawing. Not that Evie blamed her Clary was an incredibly talented artist. She could put some greats to shame. Yet it seemed as though all the years of praise had formed this complex within her twin. For along with the talent came this impression or idea that Clary Fray was the most important person in the world and deserved to be treated as such. 

Whilst her sister planned out her life of luxury as a top paid artist, Evie had different plans. For her desire to help others had set her down a path of attempting to join the police academy. This was not just fuelled by this desire alone, it was also deemed something that would fit in with her desire of adventure and inability to remain rooted to one place for long periods of time. She would be following in Luke's footsteps whilst her sister followed in their mothers, ideally a win-win situation for the adults in their lives. 

And today, despite it being her birthday Evie found herself sat waiting inside a cafe for her sisters arrival. For the day of Clary's interview for college just so happened to land on the date of their 18th birthday and had initially put a spanner in the works when it came to organising what they were going to do, though this had been sorted eventually. Evie was not waiting alone however, for sat opposite her was her twin's best friend Simon. Simon was a scrawny nerdy little fella, with these god awful square glasses and enough checked shirts and cardigans to stock an entire shopping centre. He also had the fattest crush on his best friend, Clary, and it was plain to the normal eye with nearly everyone knowing, other than said girl herself. It was pitying really as it wasn't like Evie wasn't fond of the nerd, rather the opposite. Evie was rather fond of the twig-like boy and considered him a close friend of her own. Yet she still thought her sister could do better and was slightly happy she hadn't caught onto his feelings. So the two sat, small conversation passed awkwardly between them, for around an hour for Clary to appear. Imposed upon her face was the deepest frown a teenager could possibly pull and if Evie didn't know her twin quite as well as she did, then she could assume her sister was actually upset. Though this was definitely not the case, Evie knew exactly what her twin was doing and was not going to be swayed by a faked expression. If you looked at her for just slightly longer than a single moment, her frown didn't match her walk or the light that shone happily in her eyes. A very big tell that the frown was faked. 

"Give me the Professor's name and I will end them, You know with a scathing email to the dean." 

"Don't bother."

"What? Sad face? Really?" 

Watching her sister and Simon stumble and fumble at a conversation would always be more interesting than actually contributing. The way that sat and acted towards each other was comical really, the awkwardness that radiated out from the pair was enough to make even opposing political rivals look like the best of friends. If she was to laugh at this moment it would probably be considered inappropriate but it didn't really stop the urge that pressed upon her to do so. So, she let out a few quiet giggles hoping to not overly alert the two to her actions. 

Simon had dropped the twins off outside their apartment complex, being the only one of the three to not just have a licence but also a car well it was more of a van really. He had been deemed the designated driver between the three and had taken them all to the cafe that very morning. Therefore, Clary, obviously very excited to share the news with their mother, took the lead zooming her way into the building leaving her younger sister trailing behind. Though upon following in her sisters footsteps, Evie found herself distracted the feeling of something being not quite right loomed down upon her. She did a quick scan of her surroundings but found no exact reason for this feeling and therefore, put it down to being another drug dealer hiding in the shadows. She carried on into the building only to see the back of her sister bouncing her way up the stairs having shared the good news with their family friend Dot who was currently stood in the shop downstairs.