|Saviour|

She hoped and prayed to be part of something bigger than herself

They had discussed for a while about the two assassins who had interrupted their night, studying each body only to determine they were part of the circle. The group of crazy shadowhunters who thought they were better than all those around them. The truth, in Evie's eyes, was that they were the same really, whether mundane, Shadowhunter or downworlder, they all had the capability to be good or the capability to be bad. Everyone was on the same level of becoming a monster, just some knew how to act upon these urges and control them and others did not. Some used them to make everything better for the generations to come and others used it to rain havoc. Then came the arguing, as to whether this night was even worthwhile or if they were ever going to see or hear of Magnus again. Evie had this strong feeling that she hadn't seen the last of the Warlock who had an affinity for glitter. It also strut a chord with Evie this constant arguing, for once again it seemed as thought she was being forgotten. They only seemed to be arguing over her sister, over her sisters involvement and how this had been affecting her. It didn't seem as though any of her new friends seemed to value her or her presence on these death missions. Once again, just like normal, Clary was the more important, more popular and more loved twin who everyone was concerned about. Questions raced through her mind. Would they notice if she was gone?Would they remember her if something was to happen? Would her old friends act like this? Would Gret act like this?

Once again she thought of her lost love, all feelings she had for Izzy having disappeared at this moment. For it had been but a month since Gret's passing and to move on so quickly was an insult to her memory. Therefore, Evie was going to swear off love and relationships for the present she was going to do Gret justice. And perhaps remind people that there were two Fray siblings. 

She watched on as Clary made a scene about everything, trying to proclaim that she was upset about how her actions had consequences on other people. But this display was fake Evie knew that, Clary didn't care about how her actions had impacted others. She never would. Clary Fray would only feel sorry for herself. Evie then watched on as the two guys used some sort of magical power from their bond to try and track Magnus. Evie knew this couldn't be scientifically possible and was more than salty with how this whole evening was working out. She could see how easily the feelings Alec held were being used and abused, even if he had yet to confess them. 

She must have been dragged along by someone as before she knew it or had even gotten a chance to register what was going on, they were outside a fence. The so-called location for the warlock hideaway. Evie wasn't sure what she expected something straight out of Harry Potter most likely, and this building wasn't far off it looked a lot like Hogwarts but less castle like and more americanised. It looked exactly like what she imagined a safe hideaway for warlocks to look like. Whilst she was coming up with clever and stupid sounding harry potter puns she had missed the explanation of why it was so easy to get close. The answer was obvious something was going down concentration on staying undiscovered was spent elsewhere. Even the most idiotic person could work that out. Or had these people never seen Harry Potter? 

Therefore, it wasn't long until they entered the building, though what they saw was not what she expected, the inside looked a lot like a war zone. As if someone had set off a bomb with bits of the wall scattered across the floor and glass windows having been shattered. But it wasn't a bomb, no it was the clashing of power and the ability to hide in the shadows. Evie broke away from the others upon entering. Yes, it probably wasn't the best idea. But she was upset with the others. They had forgotten about her and then tried to ridicule her like she was a small child. Evie was not going to stand for that. No, she was going to find some way that she could be useful. She found her way to be useful not shortly after splitting. She had heard the cries from a small distance away. They were the cries of a young child a young girl in particular. There was no way she was going to allow for any more harm to come to the young girl. Evie took off in a run reaching the young girl within a minute or two. The site she stumbled upon was nothing a small child should see. She stood over the lifeless body of who could only be assumed to be her father. That was if the girl's cry was anything to go by. She approached her slowly in a bid to not frighten the girl.

"Hiya sweetie, my name is Evie. I'm gonna help you okay. I'm going to approach you alright and then we're going to get you back to everyone else."

"But I don't want to leave my daddy"

"I promise you I'll make sure your daddy gets to the proper people they'll be able to help him much more than I can okay. My main concern is you alright I need to make sure you are okay first." By this point, Evie had reached the young girl and had gathered her into her arms. It wasn't hard to lift her up. She had the physical body of a child no older than four or five and weighed nearly nothing. Evie lifted the young girl up in time to turn around and come face to face with one of the Circle members who were likely to be responsible for what had just happened. Without much thinking, she released one of the many throwing knives she had on her stopping the circle member before any harm could come to the young girl. She had no knowledge of how she had readjusted herself only that it had happened relatively fast and before anyone else could come near her. As she moved around the building looking for the others she thought of any way to comfort the young child that she could. This consisted of rubbing her back gently and speaking in a low tone which was barely above a whisper but was nothing that would spook her any further. She had learnt that the young girl's name was Zoe. But nothing else was said by the young girl who only seemed to cling more tightly to her as time went on. It didn't take too long to reach where the others were. Well, it took less than half an hour. In this time she stumbled upon no more circle members, no more warlocks or none of the friends she came with. Rather than thinking too much about these facts she focused on the girl herself. 

When she reached the others everyone already seemed to have been getting on well with one another.They were already relaxing and talking by the time she walked in Zoe still close to her. She greeted Magnus and attempted to put Zoe down. She went over to Magnus quickly obviously recognising the elder male as someone from her community she could trust.

"Evangeline Fairchild, thank you, you're not like the others" Magnus started. Evie turned to him in shock for she had finally been noticed by others. "You have saved Zoe without a second thought. It was not through duty but the kindness of your heart. For you not only resemble your mother but the best of the shadowhunters mortality." Magnus then beckoned Zoe to join the other children yet to everyone's amazement she went back over to Evie where she clutched close to her.

"You know what imma stay here with Zoe until she's comfortable you guys go and be heroes again" Evie stated moving over to the young girl and taking her away. Did she really want to sit out of whatever they were going to do knowing it was most likely to be very dangerous? The part of her which was not self preserving wanted nothing more than to be right in the middle of the possible deadly scenario. The other part actually felt a connection to the young girl in front of her and knew that this young girl needed her more than the others ever would. So she did what she had perfected from the years of practice, let Clary take centre stage. 

An hour or so later, the others came zooming out the room, Alec almost flying ahead of the others and straight out the door. Obviously nothing was achieved for Clary came out tears streaming down her face upset by whatever had happened. But Evie wasn't going to pry, she wanted to talk to Magnus about coming to see Zoe again. In the short time she had been left alone with the girl she had grown even more attached, maybe it was the similarity of them having both just recently lost a parent. And once they had agreed to her spending more time with the girl she promptly left.

For she was not over the fact she was ignored.

Original word count: 1457

2nd Edit June 2020 word count: 1591