“Isn’t he supposed to be wild?” Kiran whispered, a little freaked out that a bird had just imitated her, without breaking contact with those beady eyes.

“He’s quite tamed,” Haroon looked at the bird with an affectionate smile, “I’ve brought him up personally.”

“Oh great,” Kiran was sure to mumble her sarcasm this time, “Raised by the delinquent; Should have plenty of manners.”

“That’s rude.” Haroon looked at her with a cheerful smirk.

“If it was a kid it would be totally different. A wild creature cannot be tamed.”

“Says the inexperienced.”

“I’ve been bitten by bees before,” Kiran defended, forgetting to keep her voice low, “Those little monsters were clearly far from tamed.”

Haroon raised his brow.

“Bees? You must have done something to disturb them.”

“Did not,” Kiran said, “I just casually brushed passed their hive, and they came flying out like a swarm of angry grandmas.”

Haroon laughed.

“You’ve just painted a funny image in my head.” He said.

Kiran managed a smile, which he returned automatically.

“I didn’t even know it was there.” She mumbled, pulling the duvet up around her tighter.

“There’s a difference between Bees and Parrots. Parrots can be tamed and are very good companions – well, minus the secret keeping. But the company they give is pleasant.”

“And annoying.” Kiran added.

Haroon nodded, flicking Gobby gently.

“Definitely annoying.” He agreed as the parrot pecked at his fingers, trying to get them back.

Kiran couldn’t help but let her smile widen as she watched Haroon play with the bird. He whispered and spoke words to it. Gobby either retaliated or imitated. As much as Kiran was not comfortable in his presence, she still found their unique relationship amusing, and refreshing. She’d read of close relationships between masters and pets and now she was seeing it in person. It was kind of sweet.

Still she wasn’t ready to accept that he was fully tamed.

It was quite some time later, when Haroon looked up at her and smiled, totally at ease.

“Now that you’re awake, why don’t you go shower and change? You can’t have breakfast in bed two days in a row.”

Kiran nodded, running a hand through her tangled locks. The feeling of her messy hair made her feel, suddenly, self conscious. She’d been too caught up with Gobby’s presence to realise that she had just woke up and, most likely, looked a right mess. There was a possibility that she had a very bad morning breath.

And then it occurred to her that she wasn’t wearing a scarf. Not that it had mattered to her. But Haroon was a different story to all the strangers she’d passed on the street.

It surprised her when Haroon suddenly reached out and pat her on her scruffy head.

“Don’t look so worried,” he kept his hand on her head, “You look fine.”

Kiran didn’t miss the mischievous glint in his impressive eyes.

“Ew...get your hands off me. You have parrot germs.”

That made Haroon laugh really hard. It was quite a pleasant sound, Kiran noticed. Gobby joined in, squawking gibberish.

Kiran skipped out of bed, unable to hear those horrific screeches anymore. Luckily, Haroon, being the only boy, had bagged the room with the attached bathroom. He had his own shower for which Kiran was extremely grateful.

“I’ve already left the towel inside.” He told her from behind.

Kiran threw a grateful smile over her shoulder at him, and grabbed the simple suit she had put on the chair last night.

It occurred to Kiran, as she entered the bathroom, that Haroon, for those few minutes had made her forget, totally, about what her life had become. For those few moments she had managed to let go of all the anxieties and worries weighing down on her.

Without realizing, a smile stretched across her face.

But as satisfied as she was, the horror and fear was still lurking around her. And when she stepped into the waterfall, a hiss of pain slipped out her mouth as the warm jets soaked through the material bandages she had wrapped around her wrist.

Though she’d just experienced a brief time of happiness, the danger hadn’t left. Just because she was married, everything wasn’t over.

Kiran had no idea how precise her fears were. Her troubles were just beginning.

I won't still be able to upload. Exams are not over...in fact my most crucial oral is this Friday. Hopefully I should upload before one month.But the drama is just starting.