Chapter 21

"They're  here guys!" I ran over to the window as Soda yelled and I could see two Cadillacs running up the road. I knew who one of them belonged to.

We walked out onto the porch as the parked in front of the house, Apollo bounded out of the house and started barking at the cars. Two walked on the other side of me when Max got out of his red Caddy.

    "Hey Curtis', Winston, Mathews,  Randle." Bryan Alantino, a tall, tanned, Italian guy, greeted us warmly as he got out of his car. He was always nice. He reached down as Apollo ran up to him and petted the dog.

I watched the rest get out of the cars. Alan Forest, Mike Byron, Mitch Hannibal, Luke Bristol, Marcus Lionel, Jacob Blake, and Josh Middletown. I hugged each one of them except Mike. They had been coming down here since I was five.

   They set up three tents outside the house. I thought I was gonna get off easy with Mike but boy was I wrong. He grabbed ahold of my hand later that night while I was on the porch.

"Hey Shy, I was wondering if you'd be my girl again?" I shook my head "What! Why? I love you! Don't you love me!?" I was getting scared 'cause I knew he had a reputation of a bad temper. I prayed and prayed for someone.

"Leave her alone Mike." Mike's yelling had woken Bryan and he had come out to investigate. "Why should I?" Mike countered. Bryan stepped up to him and I noticed he had about an inch and a half on Mike. "Because she is absolutely terrified from the last beating she got from you idiot." Bryan shoved him off the porch and Mike scampered back to his tent.

Bryan went inside real quick and came back out with Two. Two picked me up and carried me up to my bedroom where I fell asleep.  I woke up in a cold sweat and shaking. I looked at my alarm clock. 6:55.  I grunted and rolled out of bed. I figured I'd make breakfast for all the boys then get a shower in Darry's bathroom and all the boys could share the main one.

I climbed down the steps as quietly as possible and noticed Soda, Steve, Bryan, and Lucas were all passed out in the living room. I smiled, the duo's from each gang had been reunited. I started to make breakfast and was almost finished when all the boys from both gangs came into the kitchen.  I had already set up two extra tables and they all sat down around the tables.

I served food to each one of them and sat down between Two and Curly at one of the tables. after breakfast I was going into Darry's room to get a shower when I stopped. "Darry?" I asked as he came in behind me "Ya munchkin?" He replied opening his closet . "I had one of those dreams I can't remember." I said quietly. He looked at me, me and Pony both had the dreams we could never remember since mom and dad died. That's why Soda slept with him.

We had a quick hurried discussion about it and then I hoped through the shower. I put my hair in Two braids and put on my orange Tulsa Elite jersey that our gang had. I also put on my black softball pants and my cleats. After finishing up I ran into my room and grabbed my bat and glove before heading out to the lot where the team was warming up.

We were pitching under hand softball style so I got ahold of Pony and began practicing. My pitching was real consistent with strikes. After about twenty minutes we took the field and the New York team, dressed in Black and Green with Raiders across the front, took to batting. We had Mr. Forrester who had been an umpire when I played softball came to be the ump. He called for the batter and Lucas walked out. I made a mental note 'Lucas Bristol, number 29, right handed hitter'  I pitched a strike and he hit the next one sending it to left field where Two caught it.

I waited for the next batter. It was Mike. I struck him out and he stomped off the field and began barking orders at his team. I smirked to myself as Bryan got up to bat.

           I managed to bring Bryan to a full count, I focused on the plate and pitched, he swung and missed, striking him out.

      The rest of the game was calm and we lost 26-27. After the game ended we all headed back inside for dinner. We ordered four pizzas for the group, we were all bored so I suggested we played a game. After a few minutes of confusing arguing, we decided to play truth or dare, and after more confusing arguing, Bryan was first to ask. "Shy, truth or dare." I grinned at him, "Truth asshole." he sighed, "Who's your favorite brother?" I looked between Darry, Soda, and Pony. "Soda, sorry BB, sorry Huggie." The other two grinned at me but Soda was laughing. 

        after another two hours, Soda had gone streaking through the street, I had done a back flip off the couch, Steve and Lucas kissed, and a whole bunch of other things had happened, we all decided to go to bed. I dragged Two up the stairs behind me, turning into my room I crawled under the covers, not even bothering to change, Apollo curled up at the foot of the bed. Two slipped off his shirt before crawling in bed next to me.  He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close mumbling in my ear, "I love you so much." I smiled and whispered back "I love you so much too." And that's how we fell asleep.