Chapter 9

I woke up and looked at the clock 6:30 great. Everyone was still asleep so I decided I'd go make breakfast for the gang.

I made enough pancake batter to feed 30 people, but with us we eat like wolves.

The first to rise was Darry at seven. I laid out the plates and went to wake the rest.

I laid acrossed Dally and made a really loud weird noise and he looked at me and began laughing. I got up and he went to the kitchen.

I jumped on Soda and hugged him "Wakey Wakey bubby." I said and he hugged me before getting up.

I took two pillows and hit Two and Pony with them. "I love ya but get up asses." They grumbled and headed out to the kitchen.

Finally I walked over to Steve and laid on him making weird annoying noises until he yelled. "DAL SHUT THE HELL UP."

"Last I checked I ain't Dal." I told him cocking an eyebrow.he suddenly grabbed me and hugged me.

"Breakfast please." He whined. "I'm the kitchen." I told him and he carried me into the kitchen where he set me down on a chair between him and Soda.

I assume it was good because there was no leftovers. Pony left for school, Two went god knows where, and the three boys went to work. It was Dals turn to watch me.

"So what do you wanna do today." He called to me as I attempted to do something with my hair.

"Nothin legal man!" I called back and he laughed "was that sarcasm."

I yelled and ran for the door but he caught me just before I made it. He swung me up on to his shoulders.

We laughed and headed to the dingo. "I'm hungry!" I whined. He laughed and put me down before we went inside.

I got a burger, fries, and a sundae. I ate it all. "Damn baby where does that all go." He questioned.

"I don't know man." I shrugged.

      He laughed. "Oh oh oh hey I just remembered something."

"Yeah?" He grinned "so you remember about four years ago when-"

*flashback*. "Mommy BB hit me." A little girl with blonde pigtails, me, whined. Pony mouth dropped. "No I didn't." He argued.

The whole gang turned in sync. "Yes ya did." The younger version of me giggled.

I was standing there watching it all happened. They were right in front of me and I moved to hug Pony but went right through him. I realized I was having a flashback.

I looked around the room. There sitting in the living room was a younger version of our gang.

13 year old Johnny, Steve, Soda, and Two were on the floor wrestling. A 17 year old Darry was doing his homework at the coffee table. While a 15 year old Dally laughed at the four boys on the ground.

      I recognized the scene as the Sunday that we broke the lamp and had to rush Soda to the hospital because it cut his side.

      It was a month before my parents died.      *flashback ended*

"Ya Jumps I remember." He had no clue I had re-seen the whole thing as he told the story.

"Hey Baby I gotta tell ya somethin." He grinned at me wolfishly.

"God Jumps please tell me ya don't-" he cut me off "no I don't like ya stupid... I wanna tell ya what Steve said about ya before he asked ya." I looked at him wide eyed.

He continued "he said you were the most beautiful girl he's every met....he was sure Darry would pop him a good one if he made a move on ya.....well that's when Johnny came into the picture...you should've seen the heart break in his eyes as we watched you and Johnny kiss on the front porch he was about o go up there and beat the living shit outta Johnny..... I held him back and he quickly smiled and yelled so you guys would break apart....he loves you......and what happened with Evie the other day meant nothin....Evie had gotten him intoxicated and lured him out there......he's liked ya for a year Baby.......don't let him go." I stared at him for a second with my mouth hanging open.

Dally quickly changed the subject. "Why'd you drop outta school huh?." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Because I ain't no good at it and I prefer to work on cars.....I've been tryin to convince Bubby and Huggie to let me work at the Dx." I grinned and he laughed

I walked in the door. "HUGGIE, BUBBY I GOTTA QUESTION!" I yelled and they both walked out of the living room. "What do ya want Munchkin?"

"Can I pleeeeeeease work at the Dx?" I pleaded giving Darry puppy dog eyes.

"Fine....Ill give in...but just this once." I laughed that was a lie. I always got my way because Darry just couldn't say no half the time.

"Howdy." I looked at Soda who was standing there with a confused look on his face. I hugged him and said, "I start in two days." Before beginning to walk into the living room.

Before I could get through the doorway soda grabbed the back of my button up flannel shirt and it ripped. Leaving me standing there in skinny jeans and a gray sports bra. "Soda!" I stood there shocked as I heard Steve yell for my brother.

"Aw shit." I heard Soda mutter "DONT-" his words were cut short as the gang came in the door and stopped in shock.

"I would have changed into something more presentable if I knew you guys were comin." I grinned goofily and they all just stood there wide eyed.

"Well I...." I walked up the stairs backwards still watching them all. "I'll go get dressed." I turned and began jogging up the steps. "You don't have too." I heard Two yell.

I then turned around as he yelped and saw Steve slap him upside the head. I giggled a bit and ran up the steps and to my room.

I put on a blu and black flannel shirt that I often wore to street fights so I knew it wouldn't rip.

I walked back downstairs and thought of somethin. I ran into the kitchen where Darry was cooking dinner. "What's today?" He looked at the calendar " November 15 why?" I smiled and realization came to his face. "Oh I know what tomorrow is." He grinned mischievously and I shook my head and just figured I had to wait till tomorrow to find out what the gang did.

After a late night of cards we trudged off to bed. Steve, Dally, and Two slept in the living room.

I crawled into my bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.