Chapter 4

"Shy wake up its noon." I heard Two-Bit whisper. "Mmmmm, no." He picked me up. "Hey put me down." He chuckled. "Why do you wanna sleep anyway?" I looked at him with a look that asked 'are you dumb' "I'm tired stupid."

After getting dressed and making sure I had my switch blade we all hopped into Darry's truck and drove over to the Dingo for lunch.

I had pancakes, Darry had a chicken patty, Soda had a BLT, and Two had pancakes also. "Yumm." I said taking a bite of my pancakes. I always loved the Dingo's pancakes.

We were there goofing off till about one o'clock when we got a call. "Hello. Yes this is Darell Curtis......" he walked away for a minute or two and Two-But said he was going back to the house to get his stuff.

"Come on.....I'll explain- wheres Two?" He looked panicked. "He was headed to get his stuff." I told him.

       We picked up Two-bit halfway to our house before  turning around and heading towards town. Specifically the hospital.

      When we parked I was out of the truck and in the doors before anyone could say anything to me. I spotted a blonde haired boy who looked like Pony but I couldn't tell due to the thick ash on his face.

       Darry, Two, and Soda were hot on my heels. The boy who resembled my brother looked up and it hit me like a brick......it was my brother. If it hadn't been for his sharp blue eyes that we all got from our dad I would've never known.

        "Lilly bird!" He called as I hugged him. I broke into tears as he picked me up and spun me around. He hugged Soda then attempted to crush Darry in a hug. And that's when the rest of us that were there lost it joining in on the hug.

Steve came running in and hugged us all before picking me up and spinning me round holdin me right. "Shouldn't you be doin this to Pony or someone else Stevie?" He held me bridle style and looked me over.

"No Tiny......I was to scared to come see you at the risk of to many people causing you to pass out again." I hugged him and he set me down.

A doctor walked out. "Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston?" The whole gang turned to the doctor. "The boy, Johnny, has something to say to Shyanne Curtis."

All eyes were on me. I let go of Darry's hand and looked back at him. He nodded. I followed the doctor into a room and there was Johnny laying on the bed burned bad. "What is it Johnny." I sat in the chair next to his bed.

"Shy I'm sorry for the other night with the soc. I realized I wasn't ready to date just yet. But I'm real sorry. They say I'm dyin and even if I do live they says I'm gonna be crippled." I started to cry .

"I love you Shy and if I do leave I promise I'll watch over you and the gang......especially Dally." He laughed and I gave him a teary smile before leaving.

I walked out and Darry and Two jumped to their feet first upon seeing my expression. "Oh Huggie." I started to spin again and someone caught me again. But it wasn't two. These were more panicked, tender arms holding me before it went completely black.