Chapter 20

I woke up and I was alone. I stretched and got out of bed. Feeling vile rise in my throat again I dashed for the bathroom.

     I started puking again and I soon felt someone take hold of my hair. "Shhhhhh girly it's alright." It was Soda. I pulled my head out of the toilet and Darry was there with a glass of water.

I eyes the glass like it was gonna hurt me. "Can you try to drink a bit?" I warily nodded. He handed me the cup and I took a small sip.

"WHERES MY BEST FRIEND!" It was Curly and he sounded panicked. He came bounding upstairs.

I felt the water churn in my stomach and tried to fight it back. "Don't fight it babygirl." Pony cooed.

       "I don't wanna puke." I whimpered. "I don't wanna."

    Curly pushed through Pony and Dally who were in the door way and put his hands on the side of my face. "Let it out. You'll feel better."

  Suddenly I turned and puked again, I barely made it to the toilet. I grabbed the bowl for support.

After another twenty minutes I was able to go downstairs. I laid on the couch with my head in Sodas lap and my feet in Curlys.

Soda ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my head. He knew this calmed me down. I just closed my eyes and laid there until I heard the door open and Two's soft voice floated through the doorway. "Hey, how's she doing?" I could feel Soda move and assumed he was motioning to my tiny pale body on the couch.

I felt Soda shift out from under me and Two take his place. Two began to run his fingers through my hair and rub my head. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, smiling. "Hey baby." he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I sat up and curled into a ball as I sat in his lap. I fell asleep there and Two ended up staying the night.

---------------------------------------------------Time Skip---------------------------------------------------------------

After two more days of being sick I got better and started to get back into my normal groove again.

"Hey Huggie can I pleeeeeeeeease play in the softball game against the NY Hoods this year." I begged grabbing onto his shirt. He debated it for a second.

"C'mon now that Johnny's gone you need a pitcher and you know I'm a pretty good one." Finally he sighed "Just be careful." I squealed and hugged him "Thank you thank you thank you.

Every year a group of Dally's buddies from New York came down for a week and we had a softball game against them each day. I was nervous because I had dated one of the guys for a while but I broke it off because I just didn't love him. I was excited I finally got to play. They would be here from Monday to Sunday.

     I ran upstairs, Apollo barking at my heels, and I got out my glove that I used when I was in softball before I dropped out. We all practiced for a bit and we were put in our positions. I was pitcher, Pony was catcher, Two was left field, Dally was third, Soda was second, Darry was first, Curly was center field, Tim was shortstop, and Mason was playing right field. now all we had to do was wait for Monday to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it's so short I'm having writers block. Remember Mason from Chapter 15? He's back!!!!!!!!!

Around and Back {The Outsiders}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara