Chapter 11

*it is now December*

"Come on Steve were gonna be late for work!" I grabbed him and pulled him out of the door. I had been working at the Dx for a month.

We hopped into the truck. Soda was driving, Great. I was in the back with Steve.

I yawned and laid my head in his lap. He absentmindedly stroked my hair. " hey Soda?" "Ya Steve."

Steve leaned forward and whispered something I couldn't hear. "I like it but run it by Darry to make sure." Steve whispered in Darry's ear.

"Depends what kind?" Steve whispered something else and Darry smiled. "I love it" Steve resumed stroking my hair and was grinning wildly.

We arrived at the Dx and I took my spot behind the register, while Steve walked through the back to the connected garage. "HEY BUBBY!" I called to him as he stocked the shelves. "YEAH?" He called back from his position in the store. "HI!" He laughed.

Someone walked in the door and I looked at him. Oh god. It was Jason Micran. He was Alice's brother. He was only a year older than me but he had a bad reputation.

He had tried to rape me a year before Alice died. "Hello Jason." My voice was cold and hard.

He turned and smiled "Shy how have ya been." "Jason listen I-"

"Shy I still want you...and if I can't have you I'll take you." He was serious. I saw Soda slip into the garage outta the corner of my eye.

Jason leaned in so our faces were only inches apart. Suddenly he was ripped away and was replaced by Steve's back instead.

"Back off." Jason stood up and pushed Steve aside. "Now I think the broad was about to oblige with me greasey." He looked back at me and leaned in again.

     I smiled and winked at Steve. I leaned in and when our faces were an inch apart I pulled back and slapped him so hard he stumbled back a bit.

    I walked around the counter. "I never could've loved you Jason....not after what you did to me.......I'm with Steve and he wouldn't let anyone nonetheless try to do anything like that to me....now I think it's about high time you get going....goodbye Jason." His eyes went cold.

      "I can't do that not without you." He punched Steve and grabbed me. Soda came running out from behind a shelf and decked him right in the nose.

       "Shit I broke his nose." Soda shook his hand a bit. Steve kicked him in the stomach and he fell to the ground.

       "Are you ok Doll." Soda asked as he examined his purpling knuckles. I nodded and gulped

       Steve turned back to me and hugged me holding me in his arms. I felt so safe there and never wanted to leave.

       After a little bit he let go. He was about to say something but was spun around to face Jason. He had gotten up and proceeded to punch Steve repeatedly.

      I snapped. He had stolen my innocence as a child when he attempted to rape me. He ruined a little girl when he succeeded in raping her. He played a part in the death of my best friend. And now he was hurting the ones I loved.

      I walked over and shoved him off Steve. His eyes were fiery with rage. I wasn't scared. Not at all.

        I punched him. I kicked him in the stomach which sent him to the ground where I got on top of him. Punching him repeatedly.

       "YOU STOLE MY INNOCENCE WHEN YOU TRIED TO RAPE ME YOU SICK BASTARD......YOU RUINED AN INNOCENT LITTLE UIRL WHEN YOU SUCCEEDED IN DOING IT TO HER YOU MANIACAL ASSHOLE.....YOU PLAYED A PART IN THE SUICIDE OF MY BEST FRIEND YOU DIRTY MANGY WHORE......YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST COME HERE AND THINK EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT JASON.......WELL ITS NOT....GET OUTTA HERE I NEVER WANNA SEE YOUR SICK FACE AROUND TULSA AGAIN...IF I EVER SEE YOU NEAR ONE OF THE PEOPLE I LOVE OR CARE ABOUT I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KICK YOUR ASS AND BEAT YOU UNTIL THE DOCTORS CANT TELL YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR ASS YA HEAR!" I stood up off him, "NOW GET OUT.....WELL DONT HANG AROUND SCRAM." He stood up and ran out, face covered in blood.

      I felt the tears comin and didn't care anymore. I turned to Steve. Phew he wasn't that bad. He had a bloody nose, a busted lip, and a bruise under his left eye.

        He looked at me and I rubbed my forehead. I knew Jason had scratches me good and I knew it was bleeding. I knew he had got a good punch in by accident when I pushed him off Steve so I knew I would have a bruise on my right eye. And I had but my lip so it was bleeding.

      I ran over and hugged Steve tight. I pulled away wiping my tears. I looked up at the clock. The ordeal had taken a half an hour. It was about 20 minutes till closing.

      Soda called the boss and explained what happened. He let us go early and we went to pick up Darry. He hopped in the passenger seat and looked at me.

        "What happened to her and Steve?" He asked concernedly. "Jason Micran and tried to put the move on her but Steve stopped him so he popped him a good one before Doll stepped in and kicked his ass scaring the crap outta him." He then proceeded to repeat what I said. I swear he is like a parrot half the time.

          After Soda was done I thought Darry was going to be mad about what I did and said but he just simply said "and that's exactly what should've happened."

      We all went home and talked with the gang and decided I was gonna cook Christmas dinner. I had saved my paychecks and I had about $235 saved from the month and a half I've been working and doing lawn chores for people.

       That was enough to buy the food and ingredients, plus everyone's presents.