Chapter 3

"Minnie wake up." I heard Two-bit say but before I could answer he began to tickle me.

I squealed with laughter. "MICKEY STOP PLEASE." He stopped and tapped his cheek. "No Two I'm still hurt about Johnny." He sighed and hugged me.

We heard the front door open and knew his mom was at work. I crept across the floor and grabbed my bag pulling out my pants from last night and slipping the switch blade out of the pocket. Two grabbed his off his nightstand.

Together we crept down the steps just until we could see the living room. Soda was standing at the bottom so I put my blade away and shushed Two.

I did and Indian screech and jumped onto Soda causing him to yell and throw me on the couch. Thump thump Two fell down the stairs laughing.

"Nice one Minnie!" Two stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes from laughing so hard . Suddenly Soda grinned.

"Minnie." He started to laugh. Two jumped up and tackled Soda cussing under his breath.

"What's so funny." I asked curiously.

"NOTHING!" The boys yelled in unison. I shook my head knowing there was something I didn't know.

We went back home and as soon as Soda parked the truck I jumped out of the truck and ran into the house. I found Darry. He stood up and I ran into his arms hugging him. "Where's BB?" I asked looking around.

Darry scratched the back of his neck and at that moment Soda and Two-Bit walked in. "Soda tell 'em." Darry said as he sat down.

Soda and Two sat on the couch and I sat in Darry's lap. Soda began to explain.

"And now Dal says there headed for Texas. But I don't believe him." Two jumped up off the couch "I'm headed to Texas." He said but as he began to walk out the door I grabbed his arm and looked at him feeling tears sting my eyes.

"Come on Two please don't." I said. It hit me right then how much I sounded like mom. I turned to see Darry and Soda there wide eyed. I looked at Two he was also wide eyed. They had heard it to.

*flash back* "MOM WHERES MY BAT!" Soda called looking for his base ball bat. "Last time I saw it it was on the porch." Mom called back.

I looked over to see Steve and Dally arm wrestling. "Come one Steve stay the fuck down!" Dally grunted slamming Steve's fist on the table for the fifth time.

"Language Dallas." My mom laughed softly. Her laugh. It could make the world stop turning. She was beautiful and I look just like her.

"I-I-I guess I'll just go home." Two-Bit muttered as no one was paying him any attention. "Come on Two please don't." My mom smiled and signaled to a chair telling him she would talk to him. *flash back ended*

The ground rushed towards me quickly but I was caught and lifted back up before I blacked out completely.

"Is she okay?" I heard a voice say as my door creaked open. I began to come to. "Mickey.......Bubby......Huggie......HuggIE......HUGGIE!" I sat up quickly and felt someone grab my hand

"Shhhh munchkin it's okay.....your okay." It was Darry. "You just were over stressed and apparently couldn't take they mixture of Two leaving and remembering mom." He smiled, stood up and left the room.

       There was a small knock on the door. "Come in." It was Two. "Y-y-you stayed." I asked incredulously. He nodded and grinned.

       "You scared us there Minnie......you just started shakin and suddenly you seized up and almost fell 'fore I caught you." He sat on the bed next to me.

     "How long have I been out for Mickey?" I asked leaning into his side. He wrapped his arm around me. "Two days......the doc came he says you'll be ready to go by tomorrow." Two days I've been out I thought to myself. That means Pony and Johnny have been gone for three. I thought about Johnny, I hurt for a minute before Two hugged me.

        "It's all gonna be okay Minnie."
He whispered rubbing my arm. I don't remember falling asleep.

      I woke up with Two-Bit in the chair next to me. "SHOWER TIME!" He shouted and Soda and Steve came running in grabbing an outfit off my dresser and my towel off my door. Two picked me up and carried me to the bathroom setting me on the sink.

        "Goodbye." The three chorused. I giggled and got undressed before slipping into the shower which Soda has adjusted perfectly.

Ten minutes later I was out in the living room listening to the boys while lying acrossed Two's lap.

"Huggie stop flexing for five minutes please." I rolled my eyes as my brother flexed again.

"Let's play hide and go seek." Steve said jumping up off the floor. "I call counting!" Two said as we all dispersed to hide.

"-56, 57, 58, 59, 60! Here I come!" I heard Two call from my hiding spot underneath a pile of clothes.

"I found you Minnie!" He yelled lifting me up. I laughed and crawled down and back onto his back as we searched for the rest of them.

"Shhhhhh." I shushed Two as I heard Soda laugh. "He's in here." I threw open the closet and Soda fell out laughing.

We found Darry in the truck and Steve under Soda and Pony's bed. We always enjoyed doing that. We all decided to go to the nightly double.

We lost Two when we went through the gates but we went and sat down figuring he would find us. "And here you are Min." A Pepsi was set in my hand and a popcorn in my lap.

"Why thank you Mick." I threw a piece of popcorn at him. He threw one back but missed and hit Darry. Luckily we were in this section alone because a full blown popcorn fight broke out and ended with Soda and Steve arguing about who's lap I would sit in.

"NO SHES MINE!" Soda yelled pulling me back. Steve repeated him and pulled me back. "MICKEY THERE GONNA BREAK ME!" I yelled punching the two boys.

"Don't break My Minnie now, or you'll regret it." Two-bit said wagging a finger and picking me up from between them.

We watched the nightly double and went home. Two was still worried about me. "Mickey  I'm not gonna fall over dead." He looked at me in fear "not funny Shyanne." I was taken aback. The gang only used my full name when they were serious about something. "Ya I know." I walked over gave him a hug and he kissed my forehead. "Night Mickey." He smiled "goodnight Minnie."