"I'm sorry, you want a pet?"

I turned off the screen, grabbed a book, and pretended I had been reading for a while.

"Hey sweetie," My mom said walking in. I jumped. "Mom, you scared me," I lied. "Sorry."

It was 8:00 and my brother had to go to bed. He is three years younger than me, so his bed time is 8:00, while mine is 10:00.

I walk down stairs to my parents. "Mom, dad," I say, plopping down on the couch between them. "Yes?" "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Um, I was just wondering if I could get a pet." I said, sheepishly. "I'm sorry, you want a pet?" My dad asked, confused. "Of course. Is there a problem with that, James?"

"No, just I thought you didn't want one," He said. "I didn't, but I do now. Can it be a girl bunny?" "Yes," My dad said, getting up.

"Lets go tomorrow. Your dad has to work, and your brother has a birthday party. We can have a mother daughter shopping day!" My mom said, following my dad to bed.

"We are going to sleep. Goodnight." "Night," I replied. Awesome!! Not only are my mom and I going shopping tomorrow, but I still have an hour and a half alone.

I ran upstairs to my desk, grabbed my headphones. I am going to text my peeps, do a little (lot) stuff on Instagram, all while listening to my music playlist. I fell asleep on my desk, listening to music.

*Yawn*. Why am I on my desk?  Then it hit me.. oh right. I fell asleep. I should post this.

I snapped a photo of my "asleep" on my desk. Then I looked at all my notifications on my account. I have a lot of followers, 278. Only about 20 of them are my freinds.

I went down stairs and grabbed some breakfast. Omg, we are out of OJ. My mom came out of her room and sat next to me.

"Good morning," I say, giving her some breakfast. "Good morning. Ivey, I have had something on my mind," She said, getting serious. "What is it?" I ask.

"You are sixteen. You know everything we do is in a car. We just need to find some open, empty, parking lot. Then you can get used to driving, so you can get you license," She said, taking a breath.

I almost choked. Why did you have to bring that up? Ivey, you have always wanted to drive. Why don't you want it now? "Mom, I really want to drive, but I am just nervous I will screw up," I pause.

I continue. "What of I mess up while I am being tested? Or when a cop is near?" I finish. "Sweetie, you will be fine. If you don't want too, I get it. Please, just tell me if you want to or not."

Ivey, think, THINK! I got it. "I want to get my license," I say, abruptly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: Do you want your drivers license? Where would your parents make you drive the most?

I definitely want my license.