Emily's Family is Home

"Are you excited?" I ask Emily. "No. I didn't plead my parents to stay home,  because I didn't want them around," Emily said,  very sarcastically. "Of course I am excited."

Right before lunch Emily's parents came home and picked her up. "I can't thank you enough for taking care of this monster," Emily's mom said,  joking of course.

Emily's parents talked in quite for a minute. "Will you please let us take you out for lunch. It's the least we can do," her mom said. "You reall-" Emily's mom cut her off. "Alrighty then. It's settled. I'll text you the directions, see you at lunch," she said, walking out the door.

Emily and I gave eachother a look. Emily's mom is so demanding, in a good way. As soon as the got in their car I got the directions to the restaurant.

Olive Garden, that's what the sign said. Emily and I got the same thing, pizza.

"This place is so pretty and calm," I say as we take our seat. "I think that is why my mom loves this place. We come here all the time," Emily replied, taking her seat as well.

"That explains all your pictures of this place," I tell her right before I take a bite of this delightful pizza. "You went through my photos!?!?!?" Emily exclaims. "Wel I sur did," I tried to say, but it was muffled by my bite.  

When we got home I went upstairs to my room. That was so much fun. Emily and I are such great friends... how long have we been friends. Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, and 9th grade. Ten years that's a lot. Kyle and I have barely been friends for over two months. I wonder what he's doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle and Ivey's Texts

Me: Sup

Kyle: Watching a movie with another friend.

Me: Cool. May I ask with whom?

Kyle: Of course. Taylor.

Me: Nice. I gtg, mom's calling.

Kyle: Bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom was not really calling. I just was getting depressed from Taylor. I don't know why I even try to like Kyle. It's obvious he likes her. The thought of Kyle never loving me makes me cry s little.

I fall asleep soon after. I wake up to Emily nudging me awake. "Ivey, why were or are you crying?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the Chapter: How would you react if you were never able to find love again?

I would just suck it up and get a ton (actually a ton) of friends.