You've got a warm heart, You've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating.

Start from the beginning

Friends with benefits.

That's a real thing right? Sure it is... It's a fuck buddy, let's just be honest here. Maybe if we do something I won't even think about ever trying to kiss Kellin again.

I won't think about how our faces were so close.
I won't think about how our noses were almost touching.
I won't think about how our lips were inches apart.
I won't think about realizing how big and pink his lips actually were.
I won't think about how I grabbed his face.
I won't think about what I wanted to do...with his face.

Nope, I won't think of any of that.

Again, one thought led to another as I began to remember the reason Miranda and I were in the hallway in the first place. Because I was being a dick and because Kellin had tried to kill himself. He was being restrained by some type of leather cuffs and I was making out with his best friend. I started to realize just how much my A.D.D was getting the best of my train of thought when I thought about what Alex had said.

"Besides... I think that Kevin guy has a thing for her... She's always with him."

My head snapped up, "Kellin."

"What?"

"Kellin... His name is Kellin."

I felt my throat get tighter the harder I thought and it became harder to swallow. The door opened, thankfully, snapping me out of my thoughts.

One of the nurses waltzed in; the fat one with red hair. the thew out the usual questions, 'good morning', 'how are you?', 'did you sleep well?', not even noticing that I completely ignored them and just drank down the couple of tiny pills she gave me. I heard her sigh as she turned away from me, checking her clip board while leaning towards Kellin. She began shaking him awake. Great.

I almost got mad at her for shaking him awake like that; I almost stopped her and told her to let him sleep. But I didn't, even though he needs to sleep. He groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking a little disoriented.

"Good morning, Kellin. How are you feeling today?" She said as she handed him his medication.

I watched him closely.

"Hey, how are you, Mindy? You look great today, did you get a new haircut?" He gave her the widest smile, before putting the little cup to his lips, swallowing the medication...

I know what he's doing.

"I'm doing great sweetie, thanks for asking! This is a new haircut, how did you even notice that." She replied cheerfully laughing, he shrugged and kept his smile.

"Open your mouth, I have to check-..." Kellin opened his mouth before she could finish, "Okay, lift your tongue-...Thank you." she said, scribbling down something on her clipboard. "You look a lot better, are you feeling happy today? You get to get back to your normal routine, isn't that right?"

Kellin acted like he was going to reply but didn't, instead he just made a giggling noise and said, "Oh! Hey, how is Grace, by the way?" She laughed, taking the small cup from his hand.

I know exactly what he's doing.

"She's doing good, I'll tell her you said hello." She smiled and started to leave.

"Okay, have a good day!" He waved and grinned at her.

"You too, Kellin!" She called back as she made her way into the hallway.

As soon as the door was closed, Kellin's smile dropped and his eyes went dark. He went from 'happy Kellin' to 'suicidal Kellin' in less than one second. He forced his head back onto the pillow and let out a loud sigh.