I Don't Know If I've Been Screaming In The Dark Or Dreaming

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: STARVING FOR FRIENDS

BY: SLAVES (FEATURING VIC FUENTES)

"You poison me

I'm burning colors, I can see the change

I can tell the bitter taste

I'm two-faced and I can't see straight

But don't pretend to run away

I know you hear me..."

Vic's P.O.V

"Wake up."

I felt my blanket being taken, uncovering my face, exposing my opening eyes to the most horrendous and painful creation my hangover has ever seen.

Or as you people like to call it... light.

"No." I replied sternly as I yanked the blanket back up. "Fuck you." I mumbled.

"You have to take your medication." She removed the blanket again as I groaned, sitting up.

"Here..." She handed me the two small paper cups. One, holding the poison and the other holding water. I squinted my eyes trying to see straight as I picked up both cups and tossed them back, swallowing everything she gave me and flopped back on my bed.

She picked up her clipboard, "Alright, did you have any nightmares last night?" She asked, not even bothering to look at me.

"Nope." I said, continuing to stare at my ceiling.

"Okay..." She looked at me, "As you know by now, breakfast is in the cafeteria if you want to try to eat breakfast this morning. If not, you can go back to sleep." She said, pointing her pin at my pillow. I rolled over, not answering her and she took the hint.

She sighed, scribbling something down before leaving me alone in my room, leaving the fucking light on.

I groaned after hearing the door shut.

I started thinking. I could remember most of last night, so thoughts of the event crossed my mind. While racking my brain to make out the exact figures dancing through my, only slightly, fuzzy memory, one certain figure stood out. I opened my eyes, remembering more clearly what had happened.

Kellin.

Detail came flooding back as I turned over in my bed to look to his. Kellin's bed was empty, but I noticed two small paper cups. Now, I knew he couldn't have left too long ago, because those were the cups the nurse used to give us our happy pills.

I sat up, feeling a sudden dizzy or uneasiness in my head. That feeling moved as quickly as it came from my head to my stomach. I wrapped my arms around my midsection, leaning forward, hoping it would stop.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself just before covering my mouth and practically leaping out of my bed.

I jolted out of my room and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom only running into one person on the way. I made it just in time, finging the door open and empying what ever it was that I had inside of me.

I stayed on my knees for what felt like forever. Once I was sure nothing else was going to come back up, I flushed the disgusting contents down the toilet and went over to the sink. I washed my mouth out in the sink and then made my way to one of the nurses little office. She kept our toothbrushes there because apparrentally we could hurt ourselves or others with them.