I Could Have Learned So Much From You, But What's Left Now?

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: LULLABIES 

BY: ALL TIME LOW  

"Scream, to be heard, like you

needed any more attention;

Throw the bottle, break the door, and disappear.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,

Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry..."

Vic's P.O.V

"Well, it's nice of you to finally join us, Vic." I looked up to Joanne and gave her a rather sarcastic smile. She just continued to talk, ignoring my rude gesture. "Would you like to tell us where you were?"

I glanced at Miranda who was sitting in the circle, her eyes on me and a smirk on her mouth.

"Ask her." I motioned toward Miranda, which caused her to let out a sharp breath that turned into a laugh she was trying to hold back. I let out a tiny laugh, myself, remembering the moment...

between me and her...

"Vic, please take a seat."

In the hallway...

"I am!" I sat next to a kid with brownish hair.

the kiss...

I continued to look at Miranda.

We kissed, infront of Kellin's door...

Kellin...

Kellin tired to kill himself...

The more I tried to focus on what Joanne, or any of the pther kids were saying, the more I found my thoughts wondering back to Kellin, and how he was just laying in that bed. I thought about how I could have tried to wake him up that morning and how I some how should have known he was going to do this. But I couldn't have known, because I know nothing about him. Nothing. Maybe I felt some sort of responsibility because I had been rude to him days before; maybe I felt like a tiny part of this was because of me, like I had something to do with why he did this.

Or maybe I just cared.

But I didn't want to care.

Maybe I was just being pathetic. The only thing I couldn't get out of my head was how many scars went up and down his arm, and how deep they were. And how seeing it on someone else, scared me more than anything.

I started to think about the day I found Kellin's journal. What happened before that?

I remember everyone was in the hallway and there were nurses trying to get him up.

The pills.

That's why he seemed so spacey, so out of it. That's why they had to help him get up to walk. That's why he looked like he was going to puke if he moved too quickly. That is why they rushed him out, and that is why Miranda seemed so frantic to find him.

I felt sick. My head started spinning, slow and fast at the same time. I felt like the room was rocking back and forth which made my stomach turn. I leaned over my legs and gripped my head.

Do not leave this room, Vic. You are in group therapy with the other patients. You are in reality, do not leave reality. Do not leave your head, please...