13. Graduation

I just got my acceptance letter into California University, Los Angeles, which was also the place that Justin was going to also. We wanted to make sure we were together so we could both take care of the baby.

My dad and I have never been so distant. He didn't even wanna come to graduation because he didn't want to be embarrassed by me. By the fact that his pregnant daughter was graduating high school. My mom was excited and my sister was too but my dad hadn't budged since the moment I told him I was pregnant. He was just growing farther away from me day by day and now I didn't even recognize him as my dad.

***

It was the last week of school. The Seniors had the last few days off because we had to get ready for graduation and there was a lot to do. My mom was planning the graduation party which we were inviting some of my friends from Texas to it but, mostly, it was gonna be family that attend.

I was over at Justin's house cuddling with him and watching a movie. Since Graduation was in two days and we didn't have school, I had decided to spend as much time away from my house as possible and spend all of that time with either Justin or my friends or even both. It'll probably end up being Justin that I spend, literally, all of my time with but I don't really care. I love him and he's the only person for me. He's the only person I wanted to be with. I mean, I was getting ready to pop in the next week or two and Justin had a way of making me feel beautiful. I didn't feel like that anymore by anybody else. But, then again, nobody else took the time to treat me like Justin does.

"So, what do you think about us getting our own apartment in L.A.?" Justin asked.

"Really? Just you, me and the baby?" I asked. Justin had been working really hard to make sure our daughter had everything she needed for when she makes her arrival and it wasn't quite set up yet. In fact, I didn't know where he was keeping all of this stuff.

"Yeah." he said. "And what if I told you that I already had an apartment paid for and everything for us? Would you wanna go see it?"

"Yeah. Can we go now? L.A. isn't that far away. We can go see it and then be back before dinner." I said.

"You want to?" he asked.

"I do." I said.

"Okay. Let's go." he said before turning the TV off and helping me up off the bed. This was so exciting. Our own apartment. A place for Justin and I can take the baby and call home.

***

Justin led me through the door of our apartment. It was amazing. Not really spacious but it was comfortable. There was furniture set up in the right places and pictures hung up of Justin, me, the baby, our families, random art. It was all completely ready for us to move in. I was in utter shock at just how perfect it was.

I walked into the room that would be ours and I was blown away. There was a terrace off the side, and a bathroom connected to our bedroom and it was all so bright and vibrant. I was amazed. "Wow. Justin, this.... I don't even have words." I said when I looked at him. I couldn't believe this.

"You think this is it? Just wait. Come with me." he said before taking my hand and leading me to another door. "I've been working really hard on this one. I know you think, lately, I've been distant, but I only wanted this one room to be absolutely perfect." He smiled at me and then opened the door before turning on the light. I walked in and my eyes widened. The nursery. Our daughter's room.

I felt my eyes watering up as I looked around at everything. A rocking chair, dresser, crib, changing table, toys, bookshelf lined with children's books. It was everything. I looked at Justin and smiled while I tried not to cry. "Oh my god. Justin this is amazing. It's perfect. I love it." I said.