12. Don't Test Me

Monday hadn't come quick enough. I just wanted to get to school and focus on something other than Mandy. Claire had called me when she got home and apologized for Mandy's behavior but I still was pretty upset. It shouldn't have been Claire apologizing anyway. If Mandy was really sorry for what she said she could have called me. She has my number.

I walked out of the house and met Justin at his car. He had been trying to get me in a better mood after what happened with my friends and it worked for the most part but I still felt pretty bad about it. I mean, I learned that a lot of friends don't stick around when a girl gets pregnant but I never thought my best friend, who was like my sister, would leave me. I thought she would have been the most supportive. I was completely wrong.

Justin and I rode to school in comfortable silence and I took that time to think of all the other friends I had that were probably putting on a show around me. Maybe Hannah. I mean, she's with Brady now even though I warned her about him. I mean, she was pretty much my only friend here but still. She's been kind of distant to me lately. Great. Just when I needed friends, they all decided to leave me.

***

I walked down the hallway with Justin by my side. Once we got to our lockers we opened them but mine was suddenly shut. I looked up to see Brady standing there looking really pissed off at me. "What's your problem?" he asked.

"My problem? You're the one coming over like you're on a mission. What's your problem?" I asked. I felt Justin stand beside me with a hand on my arm.

"My problem is you think I'm not good enough for Hannah. At least, that's what you told Mandy." he said.

"What's your point? You know you're not good enough for Hannah." I said.

"You know what, I thought before when you lived in Texas you were a stuck up bitch, but now that you're pregnant you've gotten more stuck up. You know, I really hope your daughter doesn't turn out like you. I'm sorry I ever went out with you. I'm sorry I ever had sex with you. And thank god it wasn't me that got you pregnant because you wouldn't been pregnant for long." he said.

Justin got up in his face pushed me behind him gently. "You need to back the fuck up. Nobody, not you, not her friends, not anybody is gonna talk to her like that. And you're not gonna talk about my daughter like that. You hear me? So you better just turn around and walk away before I beat the fuck out of you." Justin said.

"You think you're scary, Justin? Really? I feel sorry that baby with you two as her parents." Brady said.

Justin threw a punch at Brady and then it was an all out brawl. I backed up a little bit. Hannah ran up to me and stood in front of me in a protective stance. "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded but I didn't take my eyes off of Justin and Brady.

"Justin!" I called to him. Nothing.

"Brady!" Hannah called. Nothing.

One of the male teachers walked out of his classroom and separated Justin and Brady. Justin backed up towards me and I grabbed his arm gently. I just wanted to hold onto him. "You two get to the office now." the teacher said.

Justin was about to walk away alone before I grabbed his hand and walked with him. "You don't have to come with me babe." he said.

"I want to." I said. "You were fighting him because of what he said to me. I need to go with you."

"Come here." he said as he pulled me into his side more. We got to the office and the principle called us in his office. Well, he called Justin in his office but I didn't want to let go of him so I went with.

"Sit down. Dahlia, you should go to class." Mr. Hunter said.

"No. I don't want to. I need to be here. It involves me." I said.