10. Us Against The World

Justin and I got to school and walked to our lockers together. I felt like everyone was staring at me and I didn't like it. I swear, if Hannah told anyone about this I would kill her. "This is so weird. I feel like we're being watched." I told Justin as I opened my locker.

"How would people know already?" he asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid." I said.

"So how was it last night when you got home?"

I grabbed my books out and shut my locker before turning to him completely. "Horrible." I said. "My parents think you got me pregnant on purpose and they kept calling the baby a mistake."

"This baby is not a mistake." he said. He shut his locker and turned to me. "This baby is a gift. It's our gift."

"I know. I just hate that my parents are acting like this." I said.

"I wish there was something I could do." he said.

"Yeah." I said. "I told them last night that I should just live with you because so far you're the only one that's happy about this. They looked at me like I was crazy."

"Well you could. I mean, technically the legal age to move out on your own here in California is seventeen and you don't even need a parent's signature." he said.

"Yeah. How am I gonna do that? I don't have a job. I don't have any money." I said.

"I do." he said. "My mom's been saving money in an account for me since I was little."

"Justin, no. I don't want you to do that. I'll figure something out. Please don't spend that money on me. Your mom's worked for that money." I said.

"But I want to."

"No." I said. "I'm not gonna let you do that." I wrapped my arms around his waist and his went around my shoulders. "I'm glad I have you by my side through this. I don't think I could go through this alone."

"I'm always gonna be here." he said.

Hannah walked up to us with a sympathetic smile. "Hey." she said looking at me.

"Hey Hannah." I said. She looked up at Justin and then back at me. "He knows. I told him yesterday."

"Oh." she said. "Are you sure you should be here after that procedure?"

"I didn't go through with it. I couldn't." I told her.

"Oh. So you're gonna have the baby then?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled a little. "I think your baby will be so cute."

"Thanks." I said.

"How'd your parents take it?"

"Not well. But I guess I expected that." I said.

"You don't sound so happy about the baby?" she said.

"It's just a really big shock and I don't even know how to process it right now. I mean, I know I'm gonna love my baby but I just don't know how to feel right now." I said. I guess that's the same answer my parents gave me. Maybe they weren't ashamed of me. Maybe it was just a really big shock for them too and they needed time to figure out how they feel about all of this. But either way, they called my baby a mistake. My baby will never be looked at as a mistake.

"That's understandable. Well, for what's it worth, I think both of you are gonna make incredible parents." she said.

"Thanks Hannah." Justin said.

"I'll see you guys later." she said before walking away.

"It's all gonna be okay." Justin said before kissing me on the forehead. Maybe he's right. Maybe everything would be okay. Maybe, just maybe, everything would work out and this baby would be the best thing that ever happened to us.