The Start

~Flashback~

You walked along the park's sidewalk with Natsu by your side, hand in hand. He decided to take you out to the park since you had to stick through all the fighting in the guild, that he happened to be a part of. Your face of pure joy while looking around at all the plants and kids running along filled him with an unexplainable happiness, he wanted to see that beautiful smile of yours everyday. He wished to always wake up to that smile, for it to shine through the darkest of moments, he just wanted you to be happy.

"I appreciate you taking me out today." You chimed happily while slightly squeezing his hand. Natsu let a grin stretch acrossed his face as he responded.

"No problem, anything for my princess~." He planted a gentle kiss on your hand, earning a slight giggle from you. He always used the nickname of 'princess' when referring to you, but this fact made you oddly happy. You guys continued on chatting and joking until a kid ran in front of you two, tears streaming down his face. It caught you guys completely off guard, but you went into mother mode autimatically.

"What's wrong??" The kid ignored your question and sniffled, holding his arms open for a hug, in which you happily returned. He just continued to sniffle in your arms as a response, but before you could try to fix the problem, Natsu had already tooken him from your hands. Natsu gently bounced him up and down while chuckling and rubbing his back.

"Ah, don't be sad, tell me what's wrong so we can fix it." The kid finally looked up and nodded, wiping the tears that poured form his eyes.

"I can't find mama and dada..." He admitted while trying his best to stiffle his crying. Natsu smiled at the boy before letting out another chuckle.

"Don't be sad, we'll find them silly." He ruffled his hair, then continued. "If your sad... then guess who's going to find you?....the tickle monster!!" Natsu began to mercilessly tickle the boy, resulting in a barrel of adorable giggles to emit from the kid. The sight made you so happy, Natsu was oddly great with kids, it's probably because he is one himself.

Once you both found the boy's parents, he gave both of you a tight hug before chiming to his parents; "They're my saviors! My heroes mama!!" His enthusiasm made the both of you smile uncontrollably, especially since the parents looked so relieved at the sight of their lost kid.

"One of the best dates ever Natsu."

.    .    .    .    .    .    .

"So, I think it's best we all split up to cover the whole area." Alana began to explain. "It would be better to split up into two, I'll check on you all mentally every 10 minutes to see if you find anything. When someone does, I'll tell everyone to come back to this spot so we can head that way, got it?" She announced to the guild. They had traveled back to her town to use as a starting point, and they now had the plan of splitting up and searching the wilderness surrounding it. Alana was relying on the power of her mind to let everyone know when someone's found something, so everything was in motion.