"Sure. Whatever. But they're looking for me and Clary, right? Well, surely seeing one sister may distract them for slightly longer, giving you guys a better lead on getting back to the institute. Anyways, I'll be with Alec and I'm sure he won't let me die."  Evie spat out her response not allowing the others to give another option or argue against her. She pulled out her batons and began to spin them in anticipation not giving the others a second look. Rather she listened to the two boys who continued to argue regarding the fact that splitting up was not a good idea. News flash people they did it in every Scooby Doo episode and none of them died. 

Izzy turned to look at Evie and the two held fierce eye contact for a moment or two. But Evie felt as though she could spend a lifetime looking into Izzy's eyes. Evie's eyes flicked back down to Izzy's lips and back to her eyes. In that moment she was sure she'd never wanted to kiss someone so badly. But she couldn't. First, she was nearly 100% positive Izzy was straight. Plus her brother was here and there were demons heading their way to kill them. Those thoughts alone killed the mood for Evie. Plus the fact that Evie wasn't sure she was even over her past lover. 

"Go on Isabelle, I'll be fine. I've got the brut Xander here, he'll make sure I'm safe." Evie whispered praying that Izzy would get her message. Eventually, the other did go on ahead, it took mere moments for the demons to arrive and Evie and Alec to begin to fight. The number of demons who had arrived was much higher than either of them had anticipated though there was a lag in time at one point Evie took this as a moment to start a conversation. 

"So my dude, what happened between you and Magnus really?" Evie asked

"Is this an appropriate place to be asking this kind of question?" Alec responded

"Doesn't seem like a too bad kinda time for it I reckon" Evie replied as she had to start fighting another demon.

"I told you he made cocktails" Alec shouted out his response turning to take a demon of his own on. 

"Please I know more went on. I've been there before. Starts off with cocktails, then you move onto deep conversations at about 3 am. Then you start confessing stuff. Like the first time you kissed someone of the same gender. How you think your family's going to kick you out when they realise what is going on. Then you end up comforting one another on the sofa or patio depending on how posh the house is." Evie was practically yelling, a level neither needed to be really speaking at. She tried to turn her attention briefly to the taller man and watched as a small smile crossed his features though was quickly wiped as he refocused on his task. 

"Yeah, Lele that's not too far off. Started off with cocktails damn does he like his fruity alcohol. We must have moved out onto the balcony at like 3 or 4. He questioned me on how long I'd known I liked guys. Then he told me about how he realised he swung both ways. We ended up sitting outside looking at the stars all close. Nothing too, too personal but he said he'd love to do it again." Alec's face had flushed slightly but he could easily pull it off to exerting the amount of effort to fight the demons. 

"So you didn't do the dirty then?" Evie responded as the pair met back to back to continue their fight. Eventually what they thought was the last demon was killed. Evie rose a brow to Alec as she turned to face him. 

"Ew. I'm not a tap on the first date kind of guy." Alec replied quickly

"But you would then?"

"Totally"

The two remained on alert as they were approached by a figure they could only assume to be Luke. However, the last they had seen of him, Luke had been arrested and put in police holding. This came off as too unusual and made sense that this was another demon trying to carefully attack them. Evie stared at the approaching figure for any signs of a flickering glamour that would identify that this person was not who they appeared to be. 

"Evie, Alec, boy am I glad to see you too" Luke exclaimed his voice being much louder than the two in front of him.

"How'd we know you are Luke?" Evie questioned

"You were adamant about becoming a Jedi until you were twelve. Then you were convinced you would join Starfleet and become a mechanic until you were fifteen. Until you realised that space travel in the way you wished was not achievable just yet." Luke answered without needing to overly think, Evie blushed upon remembering her childhood dreams and aspirations. She nodded in acceptance that this was indeed Luke in front of them and flung herself towards him wrapping him in a hug. 

"There's my favourite daughter." Luke sighed as he held Evie close. Alec could only watch on, not knowing whether or not he was interrupting a private moment. However, he had to admit that this was the first time he had ever seen Evie so carefree and happy in the last few weeks he had known the girl. It was a nice change in atmosphere seeing her so happy, and perhaps this was a sign to him that he needed to try harder to ensure it would happen again. 

"Oh, Alec, me and the pack are working on your old demon problem though think we let a couple slip through." Luke commented still holding onto the young girl wrapped around him. He lent down and whispered something into her ear which was inaudible to Alec before she let go. 

"Let's head back to the institute and find the others, I'm hungry" Evie spoke and that is where they headed. They headed down a set of tunnels which might have been one way back to the institute. Evie had not had much of a chance to explore the surrounding area of the Institute and didn't have a clue where they were heading or whether they were on the right path. It appeared as though they must have been for slightly further along their way they approached Clary. She was stood with what appeared to be Jace, though something did not seem right. Something flickered, and that was when she realised that this was in fact a fake Jace. Evie must have worked this out just before Clary did as she watched her older sister then stab demon-Jace and let out a sigh when the demon reverted to its original form. The three then finally finished their approach. 

"How do I know you're the real you?" Each person explained with Luke using the spray paint birthday present. Clary then turned to her younger sister to check the authenticity of her person.

"Remember in Sixth grade when I tripped you in front of your crush Brandon something... I think his surname was Griffins or something. When I realised how upset that made you I then purposely fell over completely so that his attention was on me rather than you." Evie responded receiving a smile from her sister. They completed their journey just moments later. 

Original word count: 1765

2nd Update June 2020 word count: 1997