Chapter 24: Meatball Kyle

Hollow's pov

"Are you sure you want the fucking hamster?" Hidan asked for the third time as we walked through town and towards the forest. Hidan seemed very hesitant about Meatball Kyle, but I quite like him! He is very nice and said my name is... Nice. But vulgarly. Like Hidan! But it's okay, because it was a compliment, and as long as it's a compliment I do not think it matters. Or I think that's what Hidan said...

"Bitch, she wants 'the fucking hamster,' so shut your dumb ass mouth and deal with the shit." Meatball Kyle said from his perch on my shoulder. I do not believe he likes Hidan all that much, but it is okay! They will learn to get along and be friends soon! It was just a bad first... Impression! But Meatball Kyle is so nice that Hidan will soon be unable to resist his undeniable charm. I am sure of it.

"What the fuck?" Hidan whispered to himself. He seems to be questioned a great many things. Maybe he has never seen a talking Meatball before. That would make sense. I've never see a talking one either! But I have not seen many things... That is alright too. I have seen meatballs, leather jackets, and pedophiles!

"Hun, just because it's small, round and brown, that doesn't mean it's a meatball." Hikari sighed. I blinked.

'He is a meatball.' I insisted.

"Meatballs are made out of meat. Cooked meat."

'Then he is an uncooked meatball.' I looked down at Meatball Kyle. He sure looks like a meatball. A fuzzy meatball, but I am not one to judge meatballs, oh no. That would be very mean of me. I do not wish to accidentally insult his kind. That would not end well for me, or for Hidan-san, who I do not wish to be harmed.

"Let me carry you, kid." Hidan said once we reached the treeline. I smiled a hesitant smile, looking down at my feet. I suppose I am in no condition to be stepping on twigs, small rocks and other things quite yet. I am not sure how well putting shoes on would go either. My feet still feel rather sore, especially after the walking we did today in the town. I am not sure I like towns that much. People are in towns. Lots of people. I do not like lots of people all too much, oh no I do not.

"Here we fucking go." Hidan said, reaching down and scooping me up and into his free arm. I let out a small squeak of surprise. I was not expecting this, no. But Hidan-san is very warm. I wonder how to be warm. Hikari is warm, and so is Hidan-san, and Meatball Kyle. But I always feel quite cold. I do not understand the human body. It does not make sense. Why is this happening?

Third person pov bc I accidentally started writing in it-

"You're cold as shit." Hidan said, tromping through the woods. Hollow was so small, and he was pretty sure she was lighter than the bags of clothes he had hanging off his arm. Her body felt frigid. He supposed it was hard for someone so small to generate heat for themselves. That, and Hollow wasn't wearing much. Shorts and a shirt was really all they'd had to give her, having had to dig through Deidara's clothing to find something that no longer fit him. Even then they hung off her thin body like a curtain.

"T-Thank you." Hollow stuttered, her cheeks glowing blue with embarrassment. Hidan grunted, his lips twitching up as he shoved through the brush. Hollow looked to Meatball Kyle, who was staring at her with narrowed eyes.

"You're cute as shit." The hamster seemed to decide. "And I'm a damn hamster. What the fuck are you doing with a fucking muppet like this?"

"Muppet? I will fucking crush yo-" Hidan was cut off by Hollow rushed and stuttered reply. She seemed to have panicked, blurting out what was on her mind.

"B-Because I-I don't have a-a dad t-to be with a-anymore, a-and he's the n-next best th-thing."

The Jashinist closed his mouth, struggling not to smile or blush as he tromped back towards the base.

~

Meatball Kyle!!!

Meatball Kyle!!!