Chapter 22: A Mound of Clothes

Third person pov

"We'll start with shirts and build shit up." Hidan said as he burst through the clothing store's front door. The man at the register jumped in surprise, and Hollow resisted the urge to mutter an apology. She wasn't meant to apologize anymore unless she was sure she did something wrong, but she was not the one to slam open the door. Perhaps Hidan would apologize later.

"Shirts. Boom. Look." Hidan lurched towards the first rack of clothing, ripping a plain white shirt off of it. He held it out to her. Hollow blinked. It was a very nice white shirt, she supposed. She offered Hidan a nervous smile as he checked the size.

"Not your size. Here, there's a small." Hidan dropped the shirt back onto the rack, tugging out another and holding it up to her. She blinked up at him with large, sparkling eyes that made him curse under his breath. She was such a cute little kid. Like an innocent puppy or some shit of that sort. He really wasn't sure if it was possible to turn someone like this into a badass.

"We need bras." Hidan said. "And underwear. Shit, this is going to get awkward. Pretend I have a vagina."

Hollow nodded simply as though she understood, even if she didn't. Hidan tossed as many small white shirts as he could, grabbing some larges for himself too and throwing them on top as well. Hollow followed behind him as he weaved through the store, grabbing tanktops and graphic-tees he deemed to be badass enough and tossing them to her. She was getting good at catching them, although there were a few times when the hanger would hit her in the face.

"Next, we need some name jeans." He told her. He'd been telling her exactly why each piece of clothing made her badass, grabbing a few caps and telling her that if she wore them backwards, she'd look like a gangster. He'd gotten sunglasses too off this odd spinning pillar with many holes in it. Hollow had had fun spinning it about while Hidan grabbed things from their surrounding area.

"Shit, fuck yeah." Hidan held up two leather jackets triumphantly. They were greaser jackets, which made them way cooler. There was a small, and a large. They could match, and if they matched, Hollow would look cooler by default. "What do you think, kid?"

"T-They are q-quite nice." Hollow said, gazing up at the shiny jackets in awe as Hidan added them to the stack, careful not to fold them. They were cold against her upper arms, but she found herself staring at them anyway. Hidan kept going through the stacks, her shuffling behind. He'd add jackets and hoodies, as he called them, to the stack as they went. 

"Fucks yeah. Underwear." He squinted, turning to Hollow. He stared at her for a moment, looking back to the package in hand, and then looking at her again. He wasn't sure if a small or medium was required. She was such a tiny person, looking at the back, the small seemed like it would be enough. He threw a few of both on top anyway.

Hollow felt the pile grow heavier and heavier, but she refused to ask for help, instead following as Hidan grabbed a few female upper undergarments of different sizes and added them. Hollow blinked, barely able to see over the stack as Hidan mumbled something about sports bras being badass as he threw more upper under garments onto the pile.

"This shit looks good. Let's get shoes." He took the mound of clothes from her with ease, relieving her. She let out a sigh of relief. slouching slightly. Her arms felt like they would snap if she tried to lift anything else. She would definitely need to work on her upper body strength. Not being able to carry a pile of clothing without getting tired certainly couldn't be good.

"I-It is okay. I-I do not r-really ne-need shoes." Hollow assured as Hidan nudged her only the measuring mat. He ignored her, grabbing size six in women's. This kid had some damn small ass feet. 

"After this we're going to go to the petstore. But like, the ninja one and shit. So you can have a badass animal companion too." He said. Hollow ducked her head.

"O-Okay..."