Chapter 7: Glass

Third person pov

Kisame disappeared to go find some supplies while Itachi inspected Hollow's feet, having her sit on the table so he could better see her feet. Hollow was scared, her had gripping Shisui's shirt as he floated next to her, quite literally in the table. 

The rest of the ghosts crowded around, offering words and smiles of comfort to the girl. Hollow offered timid smiles, but kept her eyes on Itachi for the most part. He didn't seem evil or bad, not like some of the others appeared. The ghosts all assured her that he was a really good guy, and not bad at all, so surely it was true.

"And this happened when you broke out of a tube, yes?" Itachi lifted his eyes to look at the girl. 

"Y-Yes." She stuttered. The young man nodded wordlessly, lowering her foot softly as not to damage it. Hollow turned to look at Shisui, who was staring at Itachi with a sad grin. He glanced at her, and as though hearing her silent question, started to speak. 

"Itachi was my best friend. You see, our clan was planning to betray our village. Itachi didn't want to betray the village, and was ordered to kill the clan. He did it to save the village, and to save his little brother. He's a hero, and instead of accepting that title, he became a rogue. He's waiting for his brother to come kill him, but he's also spying on this place for the Akatsuki." Shisui summarized.

Hollow took a second to process the words, as her vocabulary was still expanding. But she understood. He'd saved his village and brother, and was spying on these bad men for the village. That was something a good guy did, right? It sounded right. Suddenly, she felt a lot more relaxed. 

At least there was one good man here. Hollow felt sure Itachi wouldn't hurt her, at least unless she threatened his village. He'd do anything for his village, it sounded like. But she didn't really attack villages. She had never even seen a village, so it didn't matter, right? Surely she couldn't threaten something she'd never seen, and knew nothing about.

"H-He is a hero." Hollow murmured. Itachi's eyes snapped up.

 "Did you say something?" He asked coldly. The girl immediately tensed, shaking her head rapidly. Itachi was good, but he was also scary, and undercover. He wouldn't go out of his way to help someone like her. Someone he barely knew. 

"N-No, sir." She said quietly. Itachi frowned. 

"Just Itachi is fine." He said in a curt tone. Hollow instantly nodded. 

"Y-Yes, I-Itachi-san." She said. He frowned at her but said nothing, instead turning to the hallway just before Kisame reappeared, a first aid kit, towel and bowl of water in hand.

"Here we go." He grunted, setting it all down inside of Shisui. The teen scoffed. 

"Rude." He muttered, floating to Hollow's other side. Hollow's lips quirked up a bit, and she ducked her head. 

"Hn." Itachi popped open the first aid kid, rifling around in it before he seemed to find what he was looking for. He looked at Hollow levelly. "This is going to hurt." He warned, pulling out a pair of tweezers. Hollow gulped a bit. 

Kakazu grunted.

Time-skip

Hollow let out quiet hiccups as Itachi bandaged her feet, one of her hands curled around Shisui's, and her others around Rin's. Itachi was right, that had hurt. It had hurt really bad, the stitches possibly worse. Everyone had been awkwardly silent throughout the whole thing. Well, at first they'd made comments, but they'd gone quiet when Hollow started crying. 

She didn't cry out, but rather had a steady stream of tears that came out of her. She did, however, flinch every time a piece of glass was freed. It had been a long, grueling process. Hidan had popped his head in only to be kicked back out by Itachi and Kisame, who were 'in the zone' as Yahiko might say.

"T-Thank you." Hollow stuttered as Kisame handed her a glass of water. She let go of Shisui and Rin's hands so she could grasp it. It was so large in her tiny hands, it reminded Itachi of Sasuke. 

"Are you alright?" He asked monotonously. Hollow swallowed a mouthful of water. 

"Y-Yes." She agreed. 

"You'll have to stay off your feet for a few days if you wish to stitches to stay in." Itachi told her. 

"Damn, that's going to be harsh." Kisame doubted Hidan would willingly touch the child.

"I can carry you. Don't worry, my body doesn't feel strain, so it's really no issue." Shisui assured. Hollow eyed him for a second, nodding slowly. "I have nothing better to do. None of us do." He promised, grinning brightly. 

Hollow nodded a bit, looking at Itachi and Kisame. They were looking at her expectantly, clearly wondering who she'd been talking to. 

"I-It's okay. S-S-Shisui-san can ca-carry me." Hollow assured. 

"No san. Just Shisui." The Uchiha requested. Hollow ducked her head, her cheeks blue. Nonetheless, she nodded. Rin patted her back.

Itachi had paused. "Oh...Shisui?" He coughed a little. 

"He a dead guy?" Kisame asked dumbly. 

"Y-Yes." Hollow stuttered, glancing up at Shisui. 

"And what does this... Shisui look like?" Itachi questioned, clearly trying to hide his hope and curiosity. Was Shisui really still around, watching out for him as a ghost? Would he be able to communicate with Shisui again?

 Surely Shisui could hear him, which mean Hollow could pass his messages along. If this was the correct Shisui. If there was a Shisui at all.

"U-Um... h-he has bouncy ha-hair that's c-curvy... c-curly. Curly. A-And dark e-eyes, like coals. A-And he's ta-tall, and he... smiles." Hollow said as she examined Shisui. 

"Tell him I'm the hottest ninja in the after-world." Shisui urged. 

"What, no way. That's me." Yahiko interjected. Hollow looked at him, confused. She turned to Itachi. 

"H-He says he-he's the h-hottest ninja in the after w-world?" She conveyed quietly. Itachi's back straightened, and Kisame barked out a laugh. 

"I like this guy already." Kisame laughed heartily. Itachi stared at Hollow with slightly-wide eyes, although his surprise was well hidden.

It was definitely his Shisui.