Chapter 12: Midori

Third person pov

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK-" 

Midori screeched, diving out of the way of Tobi's swiping arms and right into the living room, popping right back up and onto her feet. Her head snapped left and right, and she spotted Itachi. The man stared at her blankly, clearly not knowing who she was. Midori didn't care. She darted for him and the confused Kisame anyway, sliding over the table with Hollow in tow and landing between them. She spun around.

Tobi bounced into the room happily, putting his childish show back on for the crowd. Hollow whimpered, her eyes wide. 

"What the fuck? Where the hell have you been, and who's this bitch?" Hidan scratched the back of his head. Deidara had ran off to God knows where, and Sasori had probably gotten tired of waiting to see what would happen. As much as he denied having emotions, it was clear that he was impatient, easily annoyed and sometimes angered. 

"I believe that is Sasori's mother, Akasuna no Midori." Kakuzu spoke idly, riffling through his bills. Should he count them again? There was quite a bit of distractions, so to be safe, he should probably double check. 

"Well damn. Did he bring her back to life?" Kisame blinked, bending down so he was face to face with Midori. The woman ignored him. 

"Take that, you loser!" She handed Hollow off the Shisui, pointing at Obito who paused. "We made it to Itachi! Try to kidnap Hollow and question her and her abilities now, you little bitch. Gahahahaha!" 

"Bro, Sasori's mom is fucking insane." Hidan deadpanned. Itachi's hand flickered down to her neck, and he felt for a pulse. The woman flinched slightly, turning to look at Itachi slowly. 

"I'm still dead." She informed him. 

"I can tell." He said blandly, his eyes moving to Hollow. He could feel some of Hollow's chakra coming from Midori. The feeling was faint, but there. She had made her visible with her chakra.

"Hollow-chan put her chakra into Midori-san and made her visible!" Tobi chirped happily, clapping his hands together. Hollow flinched, and Midori put her hands on her hips. 

"Where's my son? I need to make sure he keeps this little one," She gestured to Hollow, "away from this pedophilic son of a bitch." 

"Tobi's a pedophile?" Kisame blinked, clearly confused. 

"According to the dead chick." Hidan shrugged, scratching the back of his neck and eyeing the now tense Obito. 

"Tobi is not a pedophile! Tobi is a good boy!" He assured them brightly, although you could see his anger peaking. 

"N-No," Hollow knew this was her chance to get him banned from being within five feet of her without someone else there, "h-he's a p-p-pe-"

She buried her face in Shisui's shirt, and Itachi darkened.

"What the hell are you all whining about?!" An angry Sasori, out of his suit, stormed into the room. Clearly he'd been busy, and the noise was bothering him. 

"Oh boy." Sasodai prepared himself.

"Here it comes." Yahiko whispered, and Rin nodded. Shisui stepped behind the now-visible mother of said puppeteer, and clutched Hollow tighter. Itachi eyed the blood soaked bandages on her feet.

"Oh, Sasori! Good, I'm glad you're here." Midori's voice made him pause, and he turned slowly to face her. She slid over the table, gesturing shamelessly to the tense Tobi. "This young man here is a pedophile, wouldn't you know it! He picked up Hollow and sat down on his bed, and purred at her. Like a damn cat! Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't got there."

Kisame tensed, and Hidan sucked in a sharp breath of air. They eyed Obito. 

"T-Tobi was hugging Hollow-chan!" He defended. 

"Damn, Tobi's a fucking pervert." Hidan shook his head morosely. Kisame nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah, we should probably keep Hollow away from him. Someone needs to be with him," He nodded to Hollow, "at all times. We don't want anything to happen."

"M...Mother." Sasori croaked weakly. 

"Ah, yes, it's me. You're a damn idiot! In fact, you should go back to Suna right now. Take Hollow with you. I don't want her anywhere NEAR this man. You know he petted her? No, it wasn't even a pet. It was an awkward stroke. He called her useful, he called her dear, he called her little one, AND he called her a, and I quote, 'cute little thing'." Midori crossed her arms over her chest. It was hard to tell, but Tobi had begun to sweat.

"Wait, her?!" Hidan screeched. 

"Hollow is a girl." Midori confirmed firmly. The color seemed to drain from Tobi's... mask. 

"O-Oh..." He wheezed weakly, clearly defeated as he realized how damn creepy he was. 

"Yeah, okay, you're not going anywhere near here." Kisame scooped her out of Shisui's arms, frowning at Obito. "You know, even if she was a boy, it'd still be weird."

"Tobi is a good boy?" He tried. 

"Yeah, sure, and I'm a fucking pigeon. Tobi, go the hell away before I break your damn neck." Hidan sighed. Sasori was still gaping as his mother.

'Dammit,' Kakuzu frowned. 'I lost count.'