P4: Torturing Truths

As I come around, I have the urge to barf. I try to pry my my eyes open, but everything stays dark. I wiggle around a little bit. My hands and feet are ties together.

"Darren?" It comes out muffled.

My mouth is gagged. The back of my head starts throbbing.

"You hit her head. That's like tossing a box 'marked fragile' around." Darren snaps.

"She's still breathing and moaning, so therefore she's alive." A different voice gruffly responds.

"Regardless. What if you damaged her?"

"Damaged her?" The guy chuckles. "We'll just find out won't we?"

It feels like hours that I'm with the two blind. I try shifting every so often when my body grows sore. Everything just hurts. The car abruptly stops. I rock, unable to brace myself. Car doors open and close before someone grabs me. I fight against them. My body folds over their shoulder.

"Settle down, Bessie."

They walk for sometimes before I'm tossed into a chair. My legs are tired to it as well as my hands before my blindfold is removed. A man throws water on me. I sputter, shaking it out of my eyes. What's going on? I look around. Where's Darren?

The guys grabs my face roughly. "Focus on me, Cupcake."

Tears swim in my eyes as I look at him.

He smirks. "Good girl." He throws my face to the side and he steps back.

Again my eyes glance around what looks like a warehouse. I wanted more than white and now, I've got it.

"Looking for your boyfriend?" He chuckles. He's a stubby little man and very round. His scalp shines under the only florescent light in the whole place. "Sorry to disappoint you, Cupcake. Romeo's not here."

Disappointment settles in my gut as I tug on the restraints. Was going with him really the best decision? He never told me what would happen to me after running away from him. Will I die instead of being activated? I guess now I won't become a weapon.

"He had better things to do." He continues to torture me.

Betrayal happens everywhere I look. A door in the back of the room swings open. A shadow stand in the line of the sunlight.

"Hello, Ms. Autumn." The voice carries over to me. It's female. She takes her time walking over to us. The clicking her heels being the only sound. "I hope Robert has kept you alert to your present situation."

Robert looks at the floor. The woman continues to walk in the darkness, building the suspense of seeing who she is. She knows who I am. Did she work with my father? Does she know about the experiments? Say I'm nervous would be an understatement. Finally she stops at the edge of darkness, taunting me with her eyes.

"Wondering who I am?" She cocks her head to the side before taking the last step out of the darkness.

I sputter behind the gag and shake my head.

"What's wrong, dear?"

She nods at Robert who tugs the cloth away from my moth.

"D-Dr. Martinez? What's going on?"

She smiles and closes the distance between us.

"I-I don't understand." My tongue trips over itself.

"Of course you wouldn't."

"You're my mother, right?" I ask softly. "I saw the report...Dr. Martinez you have to let me go. Please." I struggle.