Your face wrinkles, your skin gets scared and damaged but, inner beauty lasts a life time.

If your pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside than your automatically unattractive.

Some guys want a strong and independent women but they don't know how to approach one.

"Hi guys"

Diamond said as she plopped down next to me. Moments after her Ruby came and sat on Noah's lap.

"Why did you give that guy your number?"

I said as my jaw locked and my hands clinched. I can't believe she just gave this random dude her number.

She looked at Ruby and they both busted out laughing. They were literally holding their stomach from how hard they laughted.

Why's this so funny to them?

"Did you actually think I gave that douche my number? I heard him and his friends making a bet on me as I walked by them. I gave him your number"

I looked over at the guy and he was bragging to his friends.

Little did he know, he's in for a rude awakening.

Diamond's POV

"Bye Sam"

I said as I kissed his cheek. I grabbed all my things and got out of his car.

I just got back from the beach. I had a whole lot of fun. I forgot how much fun the beach is.

I looked in the drive way only to see my mom's car gone. She must have picked up an extra shift.

She did the same thing last year too.

Whenever the day my dad went to the military comes around she's barely home. She picks up extra shifts just so she won't think about it.

I always hope she would stay with me but I'm always disappointed.

I understood why Sam took me to the beach today. That was my mom's way of making me forget about my dad.

I got in my room and stripped from my shorts and tank top. I put on my black pajama bottoms with my white oversized t-shirt. I grabbed my black hoodie and put it on.

I closed all the lights in my room and took a seat by my window. The once vibrant sky was now pouring down streams of tears.

Whenever this day comes it always rains. It's always gloomy.

As I sat in the dark I let my thoughts consume me. My dad would've been here by my side if it wasn't for me.

I basically drove my dad away. I sent him away from his home, family, and friends.

Now he's in Iraq with a 50/50 chance of survival. He wouldn't be there right now if I hadn't messed up.

Tears ran down my face as everything that happened the day he deployed flooded my brain.

"I'm sorry dad, please don't go. I'll change my life. I promise"

I shouted as I held on to my dad's leg. Tears ran down my face as I realised  this is happening for real. He was really leaving.

"I'm sorry baby girl but, I have to go.  I'll be back before you know it."

Even if I understood that I wasn't ready to let him go.

I wasn't ready to lose my other half.

"I'm sorry, I have to go now"

I rembered that day vividly. My mom had to pry me off my dad's leg. I just wasn't letting him go anywhere.

The day my dad got deployed was when the happy, outgoing, and funny Diamond died.

I wasn't the same. I became quite and distant. I kept to myself and faded into the background.

The more I sat at my window the more I felt my depression slowly creeping back.

My thoughts became more and more dangerous as I sat in my own misery.

I got out of my seat and walked to my mom's room. I busted open the door and went straight to my mom's drawer.

I threw all her undergarments on the floor until I saw what u was looking for.

My mom's hand gun.

I stuffed it in my jacket pocket and walked downstairs. I got in my car and drove to my secret location.

A place where I know no one can find me.

Once I got in front of the woods I parked my car next to the river and made my way deep Into the forest.

I sat on the ground and thought about everything.

My mom

My dad

Sam

Noah

Ruby

There is only a hand full that loves me.

With hot tears trailing down my face I put the gun to my head.

Without thinking I did what I feared the most.

I pulled the trigger.