39 - Coffee, With A Side Of There's No Us

Chapter 39

Logan's POV

I was boarding the plane. I managed to get a first flight to London, after her parents told me where she was at. It was departing at 7:45am I would arrive at midnight so I booked a hotel, rented a car, and her parents gave me her London address.

Why would she leave the country? Did I really but her? I must've pretty badly, after all I did propose to Chelsea in front her. I got to my seat, and got comfy, cause it was an 11 hour flight. All I could think of was how was I going to say. 'Hey, I got my memory back, I love you please take me back?' 'Please I'm sorry I proposed to Chelsea in front of you.' I fell asleep during the flight.

Your POV

I was with Derek, at his job, we were gonna go out to lunch afterwards. He was an painter, he was owner of this important gallery, for being young he had his whole life complete. I turned to the clock on the wall and it read 1:45 pm, right now, Logan and Chelsea would be waking up in each others arms. I should really get over him. I was in Derek's office, on his computer, he was out with one of his new employees, so he went to show her around. I went to msn.com and there was a headline reading 'Big Time Wedding' I hesitated for a minute and decided to read it. I clicked on it, and just as the page was about to load, Derek came in and said he was done and we could go to lunch. I didn't see the article because I closed the browser.

We headed to a small café around the corner from his gallery. We sat at a high table, and Derek got up to order for me. People were staring at me and talked amongst themselves I shrugged it off. Derek came back with our drinks.

"Thanks Derek." I said taking my phone out, and I was going to make a call, when Derek snatched it from my hand.

"Your welcome, but it's a tech free day today." he said putting my fone in his jacket.

"Oh come on, I need to make a call to my parents. You can't deny me wanting to call my parents." I said, making puppy eyes. He shook his head.

"True, but you won't die if you don't call them right now. " he said, I guess he did have a good point. I agreed and we continued to drink our coffees. We decided to skip lunch, and just talk.

"So about last night I wanted to talk about it." he began.

"Yea what about it? I told you could make me fall in love with you, but I need some time." I said taking a sip of my coffee. He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Right, I know, but I kept thinking about you all night, I wish you could say the same about me. But please say you'll be mine, and only mine. Please would you be my girlfriend?" he asked, holding my hand, on the table. I slipped my hand from his.

"Derek I told you, I need time. I can't be your girlfriend physically, while mentally I'm thinking about him." I said. He sat back on his chair.

"Him? Is it always going to be that cocky popstar between us?" he asked holding my hand again, and agai I pulled away.

"Us? There is no us, and Logan is not a cocky popstar, I'm sorry but I'd better leave before things get way out of control. I need my phone back, thank you." I said slipping off the stool. He gave me my phone back, and I went to the cashier and paid my coffee. I went out of the café. I took my iPod and I began listening to Adele's 'Someone Like You', I walked towards the park and just sat thinking about Logan. Maybe Derek was right, maybe him always being on my mind makes it impossible for me to look at Derek with different eyes. I kept on walking for a few more hours. I received a message from Toby, it read:

"What are you doing so alone in the park?" when I finished reading it I turned around looking for him. He was right behind me, I hugged him once I saw him. I told him everything what happened between Derek and me. He just shook his head.

"Toby, I know I did wrong in leading him on. But on one side I can't help but think about Logan, then on the other there's Derek, who's been there since the first day, and I just kissed him by impulse, I guess I missed being kissed, by a guy." I said.

"Well, if you love Logan maybe you should tell him. Even though, he's married, you should tell him, that might take a load off." he said.

"I think you're right, telling him would make me feel better. As a matter of fact I'm going to call him." I said taking my phone out. I dialed the number, and I heard the other line say:

"Please try again, this number is out of the service area."

I let Toby hear the phone too, he just shrugged.

"I don't know maybe, he turned off his phone, he may not have service." Tobey suggested. I looked at my phone, it read, 5:45pm.

We went to out apartment and Katie suggested we go out to dinner, but out of town since I told her what happened with Derek. We went out and were gone for fourty minutes.