Chapter Eight- " I just can't tell you "

I felt the bed shift, " wake up! wake up! wake up! " I opened my eyes to see Judy over top of me.
    " get off me! " I yelled pushing her to the otherside of the bed leaving both of us in laughter.
    " we have to get ready, we have to leave soon " she said getting off the bed.
I rolled over and got out of bed, I walked over to the window and opened the blinds so the sun was coming through the window. I walked back around the bed and grabbed my phone after sitting down again. I realized I hadn't really looked at it the whole weekend.

Shit!

I have 10 texts from my brother asking where I am, I forgot that no one knew what Judy and I were doing.
" yeah, Judy we have to leave now " I said.
" why? " she asked walking out of the bathroom.
" we didn't tell my brother where we were going and i'm going to die " I said.
" ok, let's get dressed, leave right away " she said.
I nodded and got out of bed.
We got dressed, gathered all of our stuff and went downstairs to cheek out.
" your car is waiting just outside " the sweet lady smiled.
We walked outside and got into the car and started to drive back home, we put on the soundtrack to one of our favorite movies and started to sing along.
" hey we should do a cover to never enough " Judy said.
" yes and change the beat, but keep a the voicals the same " I said.
" i'll make the mix once were home " she smiled.
" yes and will have to hand in the other song mashup you were talking about " I said.
" oh yeah, that one " she said.
" yeah that one " I smiled.
We stopped at the rest stop and ran into Chance.
" wait before you leave when you we present the project? " Chance asked.
" Friday " I replied.
" thanks, I completely forgot " he smiled as Judy and I walked back to the car.
" do you like him? " Judy asked.
I turned and looked at her, " stop, no I do not like him, all of that was in the past, besides you know who I like " I said.
" yeah I know, just making sure " she smiled.
" you could tell me who you like " I said.
" one day I will, but not yet, I like to keep you guessing " she smirked.
" and you know I hate when you do that " I said as we got back onto the highway.
" but I love it " she laughed and looked out the window.

We pulled into Judy's drive way.
" you can take the car home " Judy said as we both got out.
" no it's fine, i'll walk, it will give me more time to think about how to handle my brother " I smiled.
" i'll see you tomorrow " I said walking away from her house.
I hope her mom isn't as mad at her as my brother will be.
I was half way home when I heard my name being called.
I turned around to see Justin and Brendon running up to me.
" hey " Justin smiled.
" hey " I smiled.
" are you on your way home? " Brendon asked.
" yeah " I sighed.
" so I assume you know he's mad? " Justin asked.
" of course I know, his texts say it all " I sighed again.
" yeah, he was worrying all weekend, then he got mad since you weren't answer your text's " Brendon said.
" i'm going to die " I said looking down.
" well good luck, we have to get back to my place "Justin said as him and Brendon ran away.
I took a deep breath before walking inside.
" where the hell were you? " Cole asked crossing his arms.
I set down my bed and took off my shoes.
" i'm waiting " he said tapping his foot.
" me and Judy went on a road trip " I said.
" to where? " he asked.
" Ottawa " I mumbled.
" Ottawa Bethany really! Do you know how worried I was when you didn't come home?! Why did you go to Ottawa? " he asked.
" I...I can't tell you " I said.
" what do you mean you can't tell me, i'm your brother " he said.
" I just can't tell you, now i'm going in my room " I said starting to walk away.
" Beth... when did we stop telling each other stuff? " he asked.
" we stopped tell each other stuff the day you started dating grace, I didn't tell you anything because you would always go and tell her, so i'm sorry I just can't tell you " I paused.
" and i'm fine if you mad at me for that, but I just can't " I gave a small smiled before walking down the hallway and into my room.
I face planted into my bed and let out a sigh when my phone started to ring.
I rolled over and picked it up.
" hello? " I said.
" hi Bethany, just calling to remind you that you have to come back to work tomorrow, see you at 3 " the called ended.
I completely forgot that I didn't have to work for a whole week and now i'm back to working.
I walked out to the living room to, see Cole sitting on the couch.
" do you want to watch a movie? " I asked.
" sure " he said.
Before I hit play on the movie I turned to face Cole.
" i'm really sorry that I can't tell you, it's just a really big thing that I don't want getting out " I said.
" it's fine I get it, just tell me when you ready " he smiled.
" will do, now let's watch this movie " I said.
I turned to face the t.v.

I opened my eyes, the t.v was off and it was dark, I must have fallen asleep. There was a blanket on top of me.
I got up off the couch and went into my room, I rolled into the bed not caring to change my clothes, I looked at the time and it was 2 in the morning, I was half asleep yet half awake.
I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't I had to many thoughts going on in my head.
Who does Judy like, maybe it's Justin? No that would be a weird combo, wow this is hard to pinpoint.
Now only Chance and Brendon know about the 'band', I still can't believe Brendon and I have had two full conversation, and some over text, but still he has talked to me, which is amazing since that has never happened before.
I'm also surprised that Justin hasn't given up on trying to be my friend again, It was just weird to see him trying so hard after he gave up so easily on our first friend ship.
During all of these thoughts, I slowly started to fall asleep with music from the movie Cole and I watched, running through my head.