Chapter 36

3 Days Later
Ayesha's POV-
Stephen and I just got back home from our mini trip yesterday, and it was one that I would never forget. We got home late last night, so I was just now waking up even though it was 11:30 in the morning.
I walked into the kitchen smelling something good. I saw my best friend cooking it up.
"Hey Blaire," I said while pulling out a mug to get some coffee.
"Isha! Hey, I missed you!" She said while giving me a hug.
"I missed you too! And I hope you made enough for two because I'm starving," I said while taking a gulp of my hot coffee.
"I did, and you came just in time because I'm just now finishing," she smiled as she fixed up our plates.
Once we were finally settled in, and were eating she decided to start some conversation.
"So how was the trip?"
"It was nice, I really enjoyed it," I said smiling to myself remembering all the memories we had made.
"And?"
"And what?"
"You know exactly what I'm talking about."
I rolled my eyes, "Yes Blaire he liked the lingerie," I said cracking a smile at the end.
"You used protection right? Can't have a little Curry running around."
"We were safe, no need to worry."
"Mhmm," is all she simply said.
"So what did you do while I was away?" I asked while bending down to pet Marley.
"Actually, um," she said.
"Girl, what happened?" I asked. She had my full attention now.
"Klay," I heard her whisper really fast.
"What was that?" I asked.
"Klay," She said a little bit louder.
"What about him?" I asked.
"We kinda had a one night stand," she said taking a bite of her eggs.
"You what?!"
"It just all happened so fast."
"Do you guys still love each other?"
"I don't know. It's complicated."
We both just eyed each other and both laughed.
"Can I be real with you B?" I asked as our laughter died down.
"Of course. What's up?"
"Do you think once Steph gets drafted our relationship will be okay?"
"Well if it's meant to be, yes it will."
"And if not?"
"Maybe you'll cross paths in the future. A place and time where it's more of the right timing."
"I'm just nervous, the draft is only 3 weeks away. And after that everything will become hectic."
"You'll be okay, trust me."
"At this rate you and Klay will be in the same situation a couple years from now."
"Girl shut up! Maybe though," she sighed.
"Where is your lover boy anyway? You too are usually attached and inseparable," Blaire said.
"Training. It's always training now."
.................
I was chilling in bed when I got a call from Stephen.
"Hey baby," I said looking at my finger nails which definitely needed some touching up.
"Hey babe, what's up?"
"Oh not anything exciting. Just chilling in bed talking to my extremely sexy boyfriend."
"Sounds like your living the dream," he chuckled.
"Oh you betcha," I said laughing.
"My sister called and said she wanted to hang out with me and you tonight. I said I would talk to you before I made any official plans."
"Ooo I would love too!"
"I was hoping you would reject so I wouldn't have to be third wheeling the whole night, but oh well."
"Not my fault me and your sister click," I joked.
"Yeah, yeah. I'll be there in around two hours to pick you up if that's cool?"
"Yep, Love you Baby."
"Love you too Ish."
.....................................
I was putting on my final touches of make when I hear a knock on the door. I grabbed my belongings for the night and opening the door.
"Ayesha!" Sydel scream and hugged me.
"Sydelly," I said back hugging her. "Where's your brother?" I asked looking for him, but he was nowhere to be seen.
"He told me to pick you up because he got held up with something and that he would meet us at the restaurant."
I shook my head understandingly, "did he tell you why he got held up?"
"Something about Draymond going off and wanting to beat somebody's ass."
I chuckled, "makes sense."
We walked down and got in her car which was also super nice. Their parents are very generous.
"So what's up? How is life?" She asked pulling onto the interstate.
"Well I'm alive so that's good," we both chuckled.
"In all honestly though it's been pretty good. I have a good education, good family and friends," I said pointing towards Sydel, "And I also got a really good and supporting boyfriend."
"You know I've never really liked any of my brothers girlfriends, but you are a keeper and my brother better not mess this up."
"Dont worry," I smiled, "I plan on staying here for the long run."
We jammed out to some of the music on my phone and were getting turnt. We only had about 10 minutes till we got to the restaurant.
"We need to spend a lot more time together, considering it's limited time at that," Sydel explained.
"What do you mean?" I asked. I was confused when she said 'limited time'.
"Oh you know. Since my brother is 85% for sure going to California to play in the NBA. And I was just assuming you would go with him."
Uh why the hell did Stephen not tell me he was probably going to California for his career? Did he not think it was important information to tell his girlfriend? Well yeah I knew he would be away, but once he knew where he should have told me first thing. This is all just becoming to real. I was getting pissed.
"You did know that right?" Sydel asked.
Better pretend that I did, Ayesha. Better pretend that I did.
"Of course. It just slipped my mind. But I probably won't be going with him, I still have stuff to do over here."
"Makes sense," she said shaking her head.
...............
We were halfway into our dinner with Sydel, Stephen, and I. I was kind of blocking out Steph, for the fact that I was mad at him.
While Sydel was talking Stephen tried to put his hand on my thigh but I shoved it off right away. We shared a quick glance, then Sydel spoke up.
"I'll be right back. I see an old friend."
I smiled and shook my head. As soon as she left Steph spoke up.
"What's up with you? You've been off the whole night," he said while trying to take me hand, which I moved.
"What's up with me? What do you think?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.
"Um I don't know maybe the fact that in 3 weeks you will be in California and you didn't even bother to tell me!"
He sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"I've been meaning to tell you, trust me on that. It's just that I didn't know when the right time was and I thought you would have a reaction like this and I was trying to avoid it. And it's not like you didn't see it coming, you knew I was going to be far way. I hate seeing you sad Ish," he explained.
With all the thoughts swarming through my head I couldn't think straight. The only thing I knew for sure was that I was going to miss the hell out of this boy when he was gone. My anger turned into sadness.
I hugged onto his body as tight as I could.
"I'm gonna miss you so much."
____________________
Thanks for reading!!
Vote and comment!
💘💘