35

"We can not let this turn into another war

"We can not let this turn into another war." Padme who was sitting beside me, said raising her eyebrows.

"I agree, it has gone to far." I said looking at her.

"Absolutely, this is the last thing we want and-" Bail said pacing around with a drink in his hand..

"We are hoping to form an alliance in the Senate to stop the chancellor from further subverting the constitution, that's all i know." Mon said, who was also sitting beside me.

"I know a Jedi i feel we can trust." Padme said. What Jedi? I thought.

"That would be dangerous." The lady before me said. She had just joined our group today.

"We don't know how the Jedi will fit into all of this." Mon said , agreeing with the lady sitting before us.

"I only wish to discuss this with one, one i trust." Padme than said.

"I agree with them Padme, it is to dangerous, we can all be punished if this information get into wrong hand. I understand you trust this Jedi very much, but it is to big of a risk." I told her and everybody nodded in agreement.

"Going against the chancellor without the support of the Jedi is risky." The dark skinned man from last time told us.

"The Jedi is not any happier with this situation than we are." She said and looked at me. I just gave her a sad smile.

"Patience senator." The blue lady said, who also joined us today.

"We have so many senators on our side, surely that will persuade the Chancellor." The old man who also was here last time, spoke up.

"Will you present the petition of the two thousand to the Chancellor? Things may change" The asian lady said to Padme.

"Well then, let us see what we can accomplish in the senate, before we include the Jedi." Bail said, making everybody quiet. I felt Padme's fear and got concerned.

"I think this meeting is over for this time." I said looking at Padme, getting more and more concerned by the minute. Everybody rose to their feet and began walking out of the room. I said in my place besides Padme. "Padme, is everything alright?" I asked stroking her cheek with my fingers, which i always do.

"I don't know." She said, her stare never leaving the ground.

"I can tell there is something bothering you, you can tell me if you want to." I said but she kept quiet. "Can i be honest?" I asked and she immediately nodded her head. "I know when somebody is pregnant Padme, the way you walk, and the way you sit." I told her and i saw a tear run down her cheek. "Are you pregnant Padme?" I asked her with a small smile on my face.

"Yes." She said after a while of silence.

"Congraduations." I said and hugged her. She loudly let out a cry and hugged me back.

"I am scared Lia, i don't know what t do." She cried, her body shaking.

"There is nothing to be scared of Padme." I said stroking her back.

"Yes there are." She said letting go of me. "I have done something terrible." She said and tried whipping her salty tears away.

"And what is that?" I asked her with a worried look on my face.

"I, i married a Jedi." She whispered before braking down in tears. I felt my heart stop.

"Is it Anakin." I asked feeling a tear run down my cheek, as i continues stroking her back in comfort. She looked up at me before nodding her head and biting her lip.

"Yes." She said and continued nodding her head.

"I once fell in love with a Jedi to." I said making both me and Padme shocked.

"What?" She said surprised.

"I was nineteen, we where going to get married. But he died just before our wedding." I told her, twisting up the story, not wanting her to know i had another child. 

"Are you speaking the truth?" Padme asked and i looked at her and nodded my head.

"Yes."