34

2 years later

2 years later

"There comes the devil again." I whispered to Bail as we watched the bus land and three man walk out of it. "I almost wished he didn't come back." I than whispered to him making him laugh. "Chancellor, i am so happy to see you safe." I said walking up to him, making him kiss both my cheeks.

"It is wonderfull to be standing on safe ground again." he told me before walking to the front with the other people from the high council. I gave Bail a weird look before turning to follow the politician group. 

"The republic can't praise you enough." Bail said making me look at who he was talking to. Anakin.

"Thank you senator Oragana." Anakin said before looking up at me. "Leader Lia." He said giving me a small bow.

"Hello Anakin." I answered with a smile.

"But the fighting will continue general grievous lets spare parts." Anakin told us.

"Well, i will do anything i can in the senate." Bail answered him.

"Me too." I said agreeing with Bail.

"Excuse me." Anakin said and stopped walking.

"Surtenly." Bail said before Anakin walked off.

"I think i will go too, i have a dinner with Finnicks family soon." I told Bail and stopped walking myself.

"Before you go, i will have a private and secret meeting with other senators tomorrow afternoon. Will you come?" He asked me.

"Yes of course."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Thank you for coming." Bail said as i sat down in the empty chair beside him.

"Thank you for inviting me." I responded with a smile. I looked beside him and saw Padme sitting there, i gave her a smile as well, which she returned.

"As you all know Chancellor Palpatine has gained power today." He told all six of us.

"Yes, i have noticed his desperation for power lately." I said with a nod.

"Yes, i have also noticed it." The dark skinned man i don't know the name of, agreed to me.

"And now that he has control over the Council, the chancellor appointed governor's to over see all star systems in the republic." Bail told us.

"When did this happen?" The old man in front of me asked.

"Oh, that decree was posted this morning." Mail said raising his brows.

"Do you think he will dismantle the senate." Padme asked a little afraid.

"Why bother? As a practical matter the senate will no longer exist." The lady to my left said emotionless.

"The constitution is in shreds, amendment after amendment." I told them shacking my head.

"We can not let a thousand years of democracy disappear, without a fight." Bail than said making everybody look at him.

"What do you suggest." The lady in front of me asked him.

"Suggesting, i apologize, i don't mean to sound like a separatist." He answered her nervously.

"We are not separatist trying to leave the republic, we are loyalists trying to preserve democracy in the republic." The lady to my left said, making me nod in agreement. We weren't separatists, i would never do such a thing.

"I can't believe it has come to this, chancellor Palpatine is one of my oldest advisors, he served as my ambassador when i was queen." Palme told us, shaking her head in disappointment. I was once close with him, but after he was selected as chancellor he has become this cold, cold man. He has insulted me plenty of times in public.

"Senator, i fear you underestimate the amount of corruption that has taken hold in the senate." The dark skinned man told Padme, making her take a deep breath.

"The chancellor has played at the senate as well, they know where the power lies and they will do whatever it takes to share in it." The lady to my left than said.

"And we cannot continue debating about this any longer, we have decided to do what we can to stop it. Senator Mon Mothma and i are putting together an organization-" Bail said referring to him and the lady at my left, before being cut of by Padme.

"No more senator, i understand. At this point some things are better left unsaid." Padme said shaking her head.

"Agreed?" Bail than asked all of us. "And we will not discuss this with anyone, without everyone in this group agreed." He than said, the room became quiet, and the old man stroked his beard.

"That means those closest to you, even family, no one can be told." Mon, the lady left to me told us.

"Agreed." I said making everybody look at me.

"Agreed." Palme than said nodding her head.