24

2 days later

2 days later

"Have you taken your pills?" Asked Joulee as she sat a cup of a warm drink on the table in front of the couch i where sitting on.

"Yes, i took them this morning when i woke up-"

"Lia?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw my beloved husband standing at the top of the stairs that led down to the bay.

"Bennet." I said lost for words. Standing up i began running towards him and let myself fall into his safe warm arms. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head. "You are alive." I said pulling away from the hug to look at his face. I leaned up and gave him a sweet kiss on his lips for the first time in 2 months. 

"I have missed you so much Lia." He said returning to hug me.

"I have missed you too Bennet." I told him a big smile covering my face. "I have something to tell you-"

"Who is this-" Cutting me of, i turned to see what he was looking at and there stood my two maids.

"This is Joulee and Lana." I said and led Bennet up to them. 

"Hello." He said and gave them booth a smile, the two girls bowed to him in response. "And what are they doing here?" He asked confused.

"They are taking care of me." I told him and gave the two girls a look to tell them to walk out of the room, and they did. "I know you're confused and there is something i have to tell you." I excitedly said and sat down on the couch again patting the space beside me, motion him to sit down.

"Do they know about us?" He asked sitting down beside me. 

"Yes they do, and there is a good reason why." I said taking his hands in mine. "Bennet, i am pregnant." I finally told him. His once confused face expression turned into a very shocked and happy looking one.

"Are you really pregnant?" He asked and let his hands rest on my not so big bump.

"Yes." I nodded tears forming in my eyes.

"That's." He said last for words. "That's wonderful Lia." He said and went to kiss my lips. 

"You really think so?" I asked raising my brows at him.

"Yes, of course i do!" He answered bringing his hand to rest on my thigh. "So how long?" He asked drawing circles where his hand laid.

"4 months." I told him resting my head on my arm.

"4 moths, Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked me.

"I went to the doctors the morning you left to Voss, and when i came home to tell you, you where on you're way to leave." I told him.

"You stood have told me so i could have stayed here and take care of you." I said his hand going up to my stomach again.

"That's why i didn't tell you, I the back of my head i knew you had to go." I said laying my other hand over his.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It was late now and the sky had turned black, and i had changed into my night dress. We booth laid in bed, i laid on my side and Bennet was spooning me his hand laying on my stomach. But we weren't sleeping, i think both of us had way to much to think of. All day we have stayed in our apartment taking, talking and talking. Talking about names of the baby and relative stuff to that.

"Lia?" Bennet suddenly asked, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Mhh." I mumbled half asleep.

"Was it your idea?" He said.

"What?" I asked turning to look at him.

"Was it your idea stopping the fight on Voss, and sending all men home?" He said looking at me with curious eyes.

"Really Bennet?" I said raising my brows. "Of course not! It was the Chancellor, he never discussed it with the high council." I told him laying my hand on his cheek.

"Why didn't you stop him?" Bennet asked.

"I tried, you where probably on your way home when he told us." I than told him with a small smile on my face.

"Sorry." He said looking down at his hands.

"Sorry for what?" I asked.

"Sorry for thinking it was your idea." He said looking up at me again.

"It is alright." I said and leaned forward too kiss his lips. "I think we should sleep." I said when we pulled away and laid down on my side again. 

"Great idea." I heard him say before he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight love." He said and laid down on his side.

"Goodnight."