2

Lia's pov

Lia's pov.

I looked at myself in the big mirror studying the dress i were wearing

I looked at myself in the big mirror studying the dress i were wearing. It is the traditional dress that the women leaders would use on their crowning day. It was truly beautiful. I was the fifth person to wear this. My grandmother was the fourth. Women where not allowed to be leaders before. It was always the first born son, or if they never got a son the man closest in the family. They had said men was smarter mentally and physically. But after years of arguing and fighting, it was final that women could also be leaders.

It is been already two days now since my father died. And all i have been doing is laying in bed crying. crying, crying and crying. I haven't eating or been outside. I was to sad to do anything. In fact i have been to sad to even move.

I had to man up and look strong. Almost every one in cornet was standing outside the building. It is tradition to walk a parade once a leader die. And the next leader had to walk it to. And me being the next leader i had to walk it. The thought of walking from here to the Corellia palace behind my dead father, that laid in a open floating bed was, i don't know, a little weird and sad at the same time. 

But when the thought of becoming leader today was scary. What if i am gonna be a really bad leader, what if everybody is going to dislike me. I need to stop thinking like this. It is going to drive me crazy.

"My lady." Said a voice from the other side outside of my bedroom door. I turned around slowly being scared of walking out that door. "My lady, are you there?" The voice asked again snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes come in." I answered the voice.

The door open and there came Lasse in his traditional clothing that was a shade of dark blue. When his eyes met mine a big smile formed on his old wise face. "You look wonderfull my dear Lia Mara." He said walking closer to me.

"Thank you." I said with a low but thankful voice. "I am so greatfull that you will continue being our first man." I said to him giving him a small hug.

"Oh it's nothing. What else do i have to do." Lasse answered jokingly but i could tell he was kind of serious.

I smiled at his kindness that i have always been grateful of. But then my face fell a little when i looked behind him seeing all of the people standing waiting for me. "I guess it's time." I said looking back at him trying to fix my dress.