An Angel - Gregory of Yardale

Gregory of Yardale x Reader

For: kinder_wise

--------

            Being an angel with two human detectives for best friends sucked, Gregory came to realize.

Damien and Christophe were working on a case, all was peaceful in Heaven for once, and Gregory was bored. He had been 'badgering' Christophe, asking him plenty about common human things to do when one was bored, and Christophe humored him for a bit before growing tired of his questions and telling him to get lost.
And now he was. Sort of.
He was standing in front of a two story house, in the pouring rain, looking at it with a head tilt of confusion. It was uncommon for someone to pray to him, and that's what he imagined had happened, someone prayed to him and his Father sent him to the sender. Gregory felt the urge to go back to the boys, or even to Heaven to talk to some of his siblings, but another prayer hit him suddenly, and this time he heard what it said. "God, please send me an angel. I'm so scared. Mom and Daddy won't stop fighting, and soon Daddy'll come in here."

Curiosity urged him further, so he flew into the living room, making himself unable to be seen by the humans. A short and weary middle-aged woman shouted at a taller, stockier man. She was pointing from him to papers on the table, and Gregory heard her mention words like 'bills', 'money', and 'homeless'. He knew that word better than the others, so he looked into her head to see if she was the one who prayed to him. She wasn't.

The man, who was silently glaring at the woman, didn't seem like the type of person to pray to Heaven, but Gregory checked his head, just in case. Wrong again. A voice that sounded alarmingly like Christophe's poked at the back of Gregory's brain. 'Wrong again, Greg. That's strike two, one more and you're outta here!' Greg was confused yet again, if these two weren't the sender, then who was? 'Check the rooms.' Christophe's voice came to him again, sounding slightly annoyed.

Gregory began to do as he was told, walking into the cluttered hallway before peeking in the first room. A large bed sat up against one wall, a dresser with two of the five drawers open was directly in front of it, and a suitcase laid open on the bed almost like someone was leaving. He noticed a dripping sound coming from somewhere in this room, and he stepped in to take a closer look. On his right, a large puddle of copper liquid led up the green wall to a photo of four, where a glass shard that seemed to resemble a piece from a beer bottle was dripping more 'booze', as he had heard people call it before.

Taking two steps closer to the photo, Gregory plucked the glass from the photo and dropped it into the puddle, where it made a microscopic splash. He stared at the photo, analyzing the family with a mother and father and two children. The family looked nothing like the people out in the living room, but if he tried to add age to the smiling couple in the photo, they fit the description much better. The children, of whom he hadn't seen yet in the house, were hugging tightly, their mouths open as though they were laughing at something in front of them.

The older of the two was a boy, he looked about fifteen, with black hair and dancing blue eyes that looked lovingly at his sister. She looked a bit different than him, with (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair put into a hairstyle Gregory wasn't familiar with. In the photo, she looked like she was five, putting ten years between the two children. The angel snatched the photo, tucking it away in his pea coat. It might come in handy later.

He exited the room, walked a few paces, and enter the next room. This room was clean, the bed made and lilies long past their prime lying on the pillow. A desk was on the left of the bed, with multiple photos in frames, and one on the outside of a candle holder. The room looked like it hadn't been entered in quite some time, so Greg turned and walked out. The final room in the hallway, minus the bathroom, was at the end. The door was shut, and when Gregory tried to open it, he found it to be also locked. He 'teleported' into the room, looking at how little was in this room. There was a bed in the corner with a matching black pillow and blanket. The two-drawer desk had a photo of the brother on top, along with a bible and a jar of slips of paper.