The Carnival

Y/N Pov
I cautiously opened my eyes, afraid of what I'm gonna see. But when my eyes adjusted to the light, I found myself sitting on a chair in a art stand. "Please look over here." I shot my head to where the voice came from and found out it was a young man behind a canvas trying to sketch me. "Rose?" My eyes widened as I turned to my side. "Felix?!" He looked at me concerned and patted my head. "You're not scared to get your portrait painted, are you?" He smirked. I quickly shook my head. "No! Of course not!" I quickly looked back to the young artist.

Where am I?! I looked at my surroundings and it just seemed to be a carnival. I suddenly jumped as Felix wrapped his arm around my waist. "Are you sure you're okay?" He looked at me. I nodded and turned to the other side. "I'm just looking around." I tried to say casually. "But we came here since we were little." I was about to say something else until the artist suddenly broke our conversation. "Done!" We both shot our heads up at him. The artist turned the canvas around to show us smiling and laughing at each other. I started tearing up because I knew that I wasn't Rose but the girl looked like me in the painting.

"Felix? How long have we been here?" He looked confused as he walked back from paying the artist. "Ummm....we sat here for about 20 minutes, why?" I shook my head. "No reason! It just felt like forever since I sat here!" I jokingly laughed. But I can tell that he didn't believe me and started suspecting that something was wrong.

Before he could do or ask any questions I quickly took the painting from his hands and covered my face trying to make it look like I was looking at the painting. "Wow! This is great!" I said excitedly. "Hey Rose?" He pushed the painting down so he could see my whole face. My eyes widened. Will he noticed that I'm not really Rose?! "Are you hungry?" He smiled. I sighed relieved! I nodded excitedly and then we both walked off to the nearest concession stand.

I ate the nachos happily as Felix just sat there staring at me. "You want some?" I asked as I keep stuffing one by one into my mouth. He smiled and shook his head. "I'm fine. You look like your really hungry anyways." He laughed. I smiled awkwardly as I continued eating my nachos.

After I was done stuffing myself, we went to game stands and to go ride some of the rides they had. As I was walking to another ride, a small smile appeared on my face as I knew that this Felix was a human. But knowing that also saddened me because this is Felix from all those years ago.

Felix pulled me back before we reached another ride. "Rose?" I quickly turned around to him thinking that something might of happen to him like in the other world. "What?" I said relieved as he still looked like the old Felix. "Do you want to do the group project with me for school?" He asked sheepishly. "What's the project about?" I asked curiously. "The teacher told us, did you forget?" My body stiffened but I managed to nod my head. He just sighs and continued. "We have to go take notes and take pictures of a place we picked, then put it all in a presentation." I nodded making it look like I understood. "So what place did you chose?" I asked, afraid of what the answer was. "Mireuksa Ancient Ruins." He smiled.