-:Chapter One:-

"Mrs.Pearl! No Sleeping in my class!" Miss.Anne, my history teacher shouted.

     I quickly wake up and act like I was never sleeping. I watch as Miss. Anne gives me one last glare before she continues teaching the rest of the class. Last night I had barely gotten any sleep because my grandmother had told me that she had a surprise for me today. I wish the school day was already over so I could get back home fast. I really wonder what the surprise was...hmm...I then started daydreaming about what the surprise could be. Time had passed by so fast while I was daydreaming cause the next thing I knew the bell rang for lunch. I got up out of my seat and walked out the door, to my locker. When I got to my locker and opened it, to put my stuff away I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was Jared my Ex and he was flirting with some girl. As I went to close my locker someone had slammed their hand down on it making it close faster. I turn to see who it is and then give them an annoyed look. Jared just ignored my look and gave me a sly grin.

"Sup Baby. You miss me?" Jared asked me, as he came closer to me.

"One I am not your Baby. And Two no I didn't, now get away from me you asshole." I tell him, as I shove him away from me.

     I started walking down the hallway to the cafeteria, ignoring the fact that Jared was running up behind me. Right before I go to open the door to the cafeteria, Jared grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him. I try to pull away but every time I try to pull from him he just tightens his grip.

"That little stunt you pulled back there wasn't very nice. Don't do that again to me or else.!" He whispers to me as he walks me into the cafeteria.

     As we walk into the cafeteria, Jared lets go of my wrist. I watch as he walks away from me and to a lunch table full of girls. I roll my eyes and walk to the lunch line. As I get what I want for lunch I walk over to an empty spot at a table. I go to sit down but someone pushes me to the ground. My food on my tray gets all over my clothes. I look up to see who it was and I was not happy at all. It was Sarah who is a straight jerk.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" She yells at me, as she dumps her food tray over my head.

     My eyes started to fill with tears, as I heard everyone laughing at me. I slowly stand up and walk out of the cafeteria. Right after the cafeteria doors close behind me, I run down the hallways to the nurse's office. When I get there I stand in front of her desk.

"Hello There Hun. What can I help you wi-" She says to me but cuts herself off, as she looks at me.

"Here come with me, honey." She adds as she leads me to the bathroom.

     The nurse helps me get cleaned up. I thanked her and walked to my next two classes. I feel so weak, I should have stood up and done something back to her. I tell myself in my mind, as I clench my fists. I can't wait till this school day is over and I can go home. {Hours Later} Finally, the school bells ring for the end of the day. I quickly grab my things and rush to my locker. I grab everything I want to bring home, then run outside. Usually, I would walk home which was a good 4-5 miles, but today my grandmother was picking me up. I look around for my grandmother's old pickup truck. I finally spot it and run over to her.

"Hi Honey. How was school?" My grandmother asks me, as I hop into the truck.

"Oh, it was Great!" I lie to her not wanting to tell her what actually happened today.

We drive away from the school and into town.

"So....what's my surprise?..." I ask her with a big smile on my face.

"Oh, you'll see..." She responds and I look out the window.

     7 minutes have passed by and we have been sitting in silence. I've just been playing on my phone, bored. Suddenly, we stop and I look up.

"We're here." My grandmother tells me.

     I step out of the truck and look around. We were in a junkyard. I turn to my grandmother and give her a questioning look.

"Um...wait so what's my surprise?" I ask her, as I place my hands on the hood of the truck.

"Well, Hun. I know you are about to be turning 18. So I thought I might get you, your first car.!" My grandmother told me and a giant smile grew on my face.

     Then why were we at an old junkyard..wait..no she's getting me a half piece of shit! Great! Couldn't have even gone to a car dealership. I let out a big sigh.