006

dim down the star lights, crank up the volume of your throbbing heart—set fire to an old spark—tonight a concert of passion shall ignite.

"thanks honey," gyuni pushes the passenger side of the car door closed, wiggling her fingers at jihoon who had agreed to drop you both off despite your little incident earlier that day.

wiggling your eyebrows, you nudge the glasses wearing girl with a sadistic and teasing smile. "honey hmm? when did this develop?"

"ugh please don't start, its a nickname—jihoon, hoonie, honey, don't make it weird." she pushes her frames up on her nose and hesitates before glancing at you—only to immediately look away again when she sees your persisting smile.

"well at least one of us is excited right now," gyuni chuckles as you both begin to walk up to the house that was supposed to be hosting your surprise party...though it's not really a surprise if you knew about it.

nodding, you cover your mouth with your hands to mask your swollen cheeks, doing a weird little fidgety dance in your heels as you both walk up to the driveway.

"you're excited because it's a party for you?"

you nod your head and muffle your words, knowing they wouldn't make sense as your mind ran with hundreds of thoughts piled one on top of another.

"and you're excited because you're going to surprise them when they try to surprise you? kinda like surprise-ception?"

this time your eyes crinkle and you shake your head, squeaking.

"and most of all you're excited because you finally get to see the guys all together again?"

"yes!" you chant only to immediately cover your mouth again—having such a hard time keeping still as you both stood by the front door.

taehyung suggested that you sneak in once the guys try to call you, so now all you could do was stand and wait for their call.

"okay," gyuni crosses her hand over her chest in a quiet prayer and inhales deeply." alright I'm officially in acting mode, let's do this."

shaking your head at her weirdness, you glance down at the small welcome mat before looking up to the dimly lit windows; where the lights on the curtains began to cast shadows of the men as they started to gather—clueless to your intentions.

"I think they're getting ready to call," you whisper and nudge gyuni so she'd see the silhouettes of the men gathering together.

no sooner did you say those words did your phone jump in your hand, vibrating and pulsing with a soft luminous glow—it was jungkook's number, and the least suspicious choose for a video chat.

"hello?"

"surprise!" multiple voices hollered into the phone, forcing you to bring it away from your face with a laugh. they were so loud in fact that you could faintly hear their voices echo from the window.

bringing the screen back to your face, out of all people you immediately recognized yoongi's freckles and gummy smile taking up the majority of the phone screen—hogging the attention away from the others who were struggling to get into the shot.