003

you should've listened to your briefing,
because now you had no idea who you were supposed to be meeting, and jihoon wouldn't tell you no matter how many times you called as "payback" for not paying attention the first time.

so now here you were, sitting at an outside café in the chill of the evening; when the sun's rays were softened by night clouds moving in to take on their shift. the thin jacket you wore hardly containing your body heat as cold drafts swept in and sent chills down your shoulders—but that's the sacrifices you had to make for the "first date".

or at least the first date of the evening, if you were really counting you'd probably realize that today alone you had two morning dates, four around lunch time and two more you needed to cover this evening, honestly it got a bit tiring pretending to be totally invested in each person you met, but it was the first week and you were sure you'd get the hang of it sooner than later.

as annoying as it was to stand out in the cold, your interest in meeting the mystery man was keeping your mind occupied just long enough to ignore your numb nose and shaking legs.

"I guess I owe my sister one—seeing that she wasn't lying this time," a lean arm presses against the back of the petit café chair and snapping you from your thoughts, veins showing the harder he leaned on the wood–leaned towards you.

"hm? oh jungkook," your heart warmed as you look up to the boy in front of you–admiring how his eyes crinkles when he smiles. standing, you squeeze his torso with a light hug—noting the missed scent of his as he hovers his hand behind your back.

"you missed my graduation," his expression turning curious as he looks down for your explanation on why you'd miss the one
thing he'd been reminding you of for months.

"ah I know, and I'm sorry. I had work to do and then the plane got delayed and I ended up having to reshoot some photoshoots and—"

"my manhood should be your first priority," leaning on the heel of his black ankle boots, jungkook rests his thumb on a belt loop of his pants. "you should be making it up to me right now."

"kookie I would but now isn't a good time since I'm waiting for my date...though he's a little late."

"well your date should learn better time management," lifting your date's menu over
his head just enough to block the wind from ruffling his hair, the boy closes his eyes and exhales.

quietly, a hurried waitress stepped out and sets out a set of cocoa mugs with a sweet caramel drizzle and foaming whipped cream, bowing as she retreated back inside the café.

"oh no, we're actually not ready for these yet ma'am..." it was too late, and she didn't hear a word you said.

jungkook however mumbled a lazy thank you and grabbed the mug closer to him, feeling the steam on his face before taking a sip."I usually prefer my drinks with a dash of mint, but this is nice."

resting your hand on your cheek, you let go of a agitated huff. "well it was for my date, I asked the waitress to bring it out when he came and I guess she thought you were him."

"how romantic," voice dry despite keeping his throat moist from slurping his cocoa down to the bottom of his mug, jungkook tilts his head back to collect the remaining hot sticky liquid on his tongue."now if only you put that much effort into seeing me."

"I already apologized for the graduation thing, what else do you want from me? I can only do so much for you while I'm still waiting for some guy who I'm starting to think showed me up."

"you're so dense rita, haven't you caught on? am I such a kid to you that you don't see what I'm trying to do?" slouching in his seat, jungkook stretches out his legs and gives you a tired glance, raising an eyebrow with a tint of annoyance in his voice—the same voice he used frequently a year ago.

"I'm the guy that rented you rita, as of right now you're my girlfriend...and you're not doing a great job of acting like it."