High tensions...

Driving slowly...

Why did it happen?

They weren't breaking the speed limit, nor were they reckless.

It was just wrong place at the wrong time...

You're walking with Peter.

He's around 14, you're 10.

Your hand in his, walking next to a not so busy road from school.

The sun is shining on your first day back at school.

"Mom and dad said we're having dim sum from the continental takeaway. But there's Korean food there too, so they'll bring some home."

You smile at the thought of this Friday afternoon treat.

It all seems hazy. Although summer is over, September still feels quite warm.

Birds flying amongst the clouds, soaring high and free. Their echoing calls and the rustle of the leaves create a concoction of nature.

"Dad's coming back today, his flight landed from Korea. We'll probably see him when we get home." Peter smiles.

You remember, Dad was in Korea to celebrate one of his partners' sons birthday.

Got to keep partners close you suppose...

The nostalgia kicks in, as you notice the bakery, the one which your family visited more or less every Saturday to collect fresh bread.

Like a perfect scene in a perfect movie... little bit of a cliche but that's how it's meant to be.

Until that scene cracks. Breaks. Smashes into a million pieces.

Replicating the fate of their car.

Broken.

All you remember is Peter shielding you, as you hear a large crash from a distance away. On the lane opposite to the one you were walking parallel with.

The warm drops dripping against the pavement and your head...

Coming from Peter.

As Peter covers you with his blazer.

Shielding your sight.

His cracked voice, his broken voice.

"[Y/N]" he sobbed.

You want to speak but you can't.

"[Y/N]" he repeats.

"[Y/N]"

"[Y/N]"

His voice becomes slightly unrecognisable...

"[Y/N]"

"[Y/N]"

Your eyes partially open.

Glancing around at your surroundings, but you cannot move.

It's all hazy, but the familiar smell of that 'meat' still slithers its way up your nostrils.