Final Day

Camille's POV

"Hello students, faculty. Today, as you all know, is the final school day at Davidson Day. I hope you all had a great year leading, and teaching..." Principal O'Riley boomed on the loud speaker.

I didn't care what he was saying, I just wanted it to be summer. There was something about summer that just made me love it.

Oh wait, lemme introduce myself. I'm Camille, and I'm 13. I have 2 best, best friends- Lillian and Hayes. I have other friends, but we not as close ad I am to Lillian or Hayes.

Enough about me, lets get back to the final day of school.

I tapped my pencil on my desk and stared at the clock.

10 seconds left

9 seconds

I closed my binder.

7 seconds

6 seconds

5

4

3

2

1

RRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGG

The bell rang and everyone jumped up out of their seats.

Their was so much noise in the building, so I walked outside to wait for Hayes.

I waited for a few minutes and looked around.

Then I spotted him. I waved at him, and he waved back. I started to walk towards him, but then someone came from behind me and ran to him.

Sadie.

Sadie is Hayes's girlfriend, since 4 days ago. She's the most popular girl in the school, and Hayes and Travis are the most popular boys in the school.

Ever since Hayes and Sadie started dating, Hayes hasn't paid any attention to me. It's like I'm chop liver.

Hayes puts his arm around Sadie and they walk off together.

I sigh and shrug, and walk away.

"Hey" I say walking up to Lillian, who's waiting for our bus to come.

"What's wrong? It's the last day of school, and you're the saddest I've seen you in weeks"

"Hayes. Ever since him and Sadie started dating, he's paid no attention to me, like I'm a ghost, like I'm never there."

"Oh. Well screw them. Who cares about Hayes anyway?"

"I do. He's been my best guy friend since I was little, and I don't want to lose him" I say

"Then tell him that"

"But then he'll think I have feelings for him or something"

She shrugs and our bus pulls up. We climb on and sit down together.

"So, plans for this summer?" Lillian asks.

"We're going to spend as much time as we can together. Going to the beach, tanning outside on my lawn like we always do, going to camp together, and so much more"

"Definitely. And don't forget about doing tan tattoos!" She adds

I nod and smile.

This will be a great summer.

I hope.

<<<<>>>>

Hope you guys like the first chapter!