Part 37

...............Same night..............................

Dev and geet were sitting in the sitting room, unable to sleep. Dadima was sleeping and Roshini, simran and dad had all gone back to hospital.

Both Geet and dev were quiet staring into space both deep in their own thoughts, when Dev suddenly said, ''I will leave medicine and join Dar ji when he recovers.''

Geet instantly knew that he was feeling guilty just like her, both of them had refused to join Darji forcing Maan to do it, knowing that taking care of khaurana group of companies was very hard and it would be difficult for him to concentrate on both.

Geet,'' don't be an idiot, you have put so much effort into it and its your passion just not a career, I will join darji, and later, if possible I will help roshini mom as well in her charity work.''

Dev,'' Bro will never agree to let you take such a time consuming work.''

Geet ,''if left to him I will be sitting home forever doing nothing, but this is not his decision to make, he is a role model son,he has done everything all his family ever asked him to do, its time that I do something for my family as well.''

Dev,''come on, you tried to study your mother's favourite subject. But I , I was totally engrossed in my own little world.''

Geet,''i hope darji recovers quickly.''

Dev,''don't worry everything will be fine.''

Geet,''you should go and rest now.''

Dev,''i think I should, I haven't slept for past 3 days, what about you?''

Geet,'' raj dad said, he will send Maan and yash papa home, so I will wait for them, you go and sleep, I will wake you there is any new news.''

Dev went up to his room.

...........................................2 hours later.............................................

Geet was still waiting for Maan and papa, when dadi ma came. She came and sat beside Geet and put her arm around geet in a silent gesture of comfort.

Dadima,''you should be resting as well.''

Geet,''i am ok. I was just waiting for Papa and Maan.''

Dadima nodded quietly.

Geet,'' why aren't you sleeping? Its not good for your health.''

Dadima,''i don't know how all this happened, we were so happy at having you back and then, your wedding, Gurvind was really happy as well. We always wanted our families to unite and now it happened but now this.''

Geet,''eveything will be fine, our prays will bring Darji back, I know darji will not stay in coma for long.''

Savitari devi thought about the hotel chain, they had the money and resources to built a new chain but darji's reputation will take a huge blow when this news will leak to general populace, the take over news will be soon on every news channel, then what will they do? Her head was hurting from thinking about it. May be she should tell geet after all she needed to be at the meeting, she was not the controlling partner but her opinion will count.

Dadima,''i know he will be soon back on his feet, he always used to say that he will see your children grown up before his eyes and then, he will die but I am more worried about the hotels''.

Geet,'' don't worry Maan and yash papa knows everything, they will run it properly till darji can come back and'' she added resolutely,''when he comes back I will join him as he always wanted me to do.''