Part 9

*Edited

Geet's mid-term result was out; she had B's in most and C in economics. She gave party to her friends. Mama was happy as well and told her,'see it's not difficult. If you concentrate a bit more on your studies, then you'll get even better grades.' She started hinting about the university she wanted her to join. Geet didn't say anything.

Maan said congratulation and gave her wrist watch. This was the first time he gave her a gift.

Geet was on cloud nine. He was really friendly, even asked about the party she gave to her friends asking who was invited and teased her about not inviting him. This was a new side to him and Geet felt excited and happy at his teasing.

.....

Maan packed his bag for the Dubai and reconfirmed the tickets. Then, he went to take a bath and get ready.

Dadima came to Maan's room. She wanted to ask him something but he wasn't in his room.

Savitari devi thought now where did he went? Simran had told her that he was in his room. 

She was about go out when a phone rang. She saw that it was Maan's cell phone lying on dresser. She went and checked it. The caller id flashed SAMEERA. She received the call. 'Sameera, 'Maan, I'm going out for the photo-shoot. when you come to the hotel, receptionist will give you the key to my room. See you later, bye.'

Savitari Devi quietly put the phone down and went in search of her son,Raj.

........

Maan was about to go out, when Nakul said that Dad was calling him. He went to the study where dad worked when he was at home. He was talking to someone on the phone, he gestured Maan toward a chair. Maan sat and waited.

Raj switched off the mobile phone and said, 'I'm sorry Maan. You'll have to cancel your vacation plans. There is an emergency. The consignment that was supposed to be dispatched today, it was not dispatched due to some labor issues.'

Maan, 'what but Adi, my personal assistant? He should have called me.'

Raj, 'ahh...he went on three days leave today. I approved it. So, Suresh called me.'

Maan, 'okay,I'll go and see what is wrong.'

Raj waited until Maan was gone, then, he called his manager, Suresh and left instructions,'make sure that this problem doesn't resolve quickly. Dispatch the consignment but create some other issue. keep Maan busy.'

He went to ma's room and told her,'he isn't going.'

Savitari Devi, 'Raj this is temporary solution. I don't want him to get hurt again.'

Raj, 'you know how Maan is ma. we have to handle this carefully. He doesn't like anyone prying in his private life. I'm thinking  about making him the managing director of Khaurana group of industries that should keep him occupied.'

Savitari Devi, 'do whatever you need to do Raj but I don't want another girl like Akasha in his life. He is already too cynic for his age.'

Valentine day

Geet was getting ready for college.  Her mobile phone rang. It was Vicky, 'hi geet. I've a favour to ask.'

Geet, 'ask away. There is no need to be formal Vicky.'

Vicky, 'it's valentine day and I want to surprise Fari. So, can you get her to hotel ABCa to room 354 . Please, for your jiju do it.'

Geet, 'okay. I'll be at hotel around eleven. Are you fine with timings?'

Vicky, 'yeah. it's perfect.'

Nakul who was outside geet's door, went and told Maan everything as Maan has instructed him to do.

.....

Vicky had called Pooja and KJ for help as well. Fari was sitting gloomily in cafeteria.

Pooja, 'what happened? You are very quiet today?'

Fari, 'nothing.'

she sounded like she was about to cry.

KJ, 'come on Fari. Don't lie. Tell us what is wrong?'

Fari sniffed and said,' this is the first time Vicky didn't called me on Valentine day. He always call at midnight.'

Geet, 'but it is still ten thirty in the morning. He'll probably call you later.'

Fari remained quiet.

KJ nudged her.

Fari,' I was the one who proposed him when we were in sixth grade. He accepted my flower and said that this is the first and last time. After this, I'll be the one to do it every valentine.'

All of them fell silent.

Geet, okay enough of this gloomy mood. Come on, we are going somewhere for lunch. It's my treat.'

....

When they arrived at hotel, Geet said, 'Fari, I think i just saw Vicky.'

Fari, 'what? Where?'

Geet, 'he is getting in that lift.' They went to the lift but car has already has started moving. They went to other lift. Pooja pressed the third floor button. On reaching there, they went out, then down the corridor just as room no 354 door closed.

Geet was about to knock the door, when Fari just opened the door and barged in. Red petals started falling on her, and Vicky hugged her and loudly said, 'I love you. happy valentine day!'

Pooja quietly closed the door and three of them went toward the lift.